This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Cannot delete local music playlist

As title says, i've just transferrend a folder under music folder on the watch from windows explorer that contains mp3 and a m3u playlist file; so far so good the watch see the playlist and it works ok.
Later I've deleted this folder from windows explorer from the watch but the playlist is still present on the watch, if I select it it says there are no songs in this playlist.

How can I delete this playlist entry? From garmin express it says there are no playlist on the watch too.
Searching in forums it seems a commond problem on garmin watches.
Hard resetting the watch is not an option.

Thank you
Regards

• Hmmm, sounds like the playlist is cached somewhere.

I would try the following with no guarantee that it works.

1) Switch to a different music provider temporarily

2) Reboot the watch (hold light button for about 15 seconds). No data will be lost

3) Switch back to music provider "My Music"

Maybe this rereads the music contents and playlists.

• Tried it, nothing to do. Playlist is still present when I switch to my music. I need a way to rebuild this playlist cache, there must be a way to clean up things.....ufff

• Another idea: create an empty playlist with exact the same name, transfer it with Garmin Express to the watch and then delete it with Garmin Express?

• This did the trick.
    The key points are 1) Foldername and 2) playlist file name. If they match, removing from garmin express removes the list!

URRAY!

• It might be worth emptying the recycle bin once you've deleted the files from the watch when connected to a computer before you disconnect. Its necessary on the Mac to do that otherwise the files are not actually deleted.

• Tried do do the trick from rylos78 on a my Fenix 5x. In my case it didn't work. Maybe in my case this is a problem of user accounts (using Windows 10) where Garmin express has to run with admin rights, while copying the files manually to my Fenix 5x is done under my normal user account without admin rights.

I've contacted the german Garmin support. They know the problem (which exists on every Garmin wearable able to play MP3) and their only solution was to hard reset the watch... Not working for me, because I usually copy / delete files and playlists once or twice a week and don't wan't to hard reset the watch that often.

As there are some other customers with the same problem here in Germany, they opened a case at their development team... Let's see, but what a shame that a €800,- wearable has more problems than a €20,- MP3 player

• Solved :Mp3 was protected on my Pc (Read Only)

I unchecked the box it's Ok  
  • im on a mac and have no luck with my 245m - can do what i want, i cant delete any playlist anymore :( Any idea what to try? hard reset i also tried..

• where i find this folder to delete?

• hard reset i also tried.

On your 245? This is the 945 subforum, but I believe it's the same procedure. A factory reset will put the watch back to day one out-of-the-box condition

On the watch, go to Settings > System > Reset > Delete Data and Reset Settings. Be sure you have synced everything before doing so as this will delete anything that has not synced over yet.