This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Repeated reboots while saving an activity

I upgraded to 2.70 and since then my two hiking activities are rebooting the watch during the activity saving. After the watch restarts the activity is loaded back. I save it and it reboots again. That repeats multiple times until it finally succeeds (5-10 attempts). Probably related to elevation but it is just a guess. My two running activities saved fine on first attempt.

Any idea what is going on? Bug?

T.

• Garmin-Blake, any chance you can provide an update on a resolution? Since training load isn't recorded because of this issue, basically every advanced metric is thrown off.

Thank you.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago

I was able to get my 945 to work at an altitude of 500 feet, but it still doesn’t work in Colorado. I also noticed that when it doesn’t save correctly the distance also goes down further skewing the data.

• My 945 has the same problem with v 2.80

• It looks like this issue has been going on for at least a month.  Extremely frustrating.  I just had the hike of my life and have tried to save it at least 20 times, to no avail.  I can’t start a new activity because this one is in resume later status.  Any ETA on a fix for this?

• I have the same problem with my 945 while skiing. Multiple restarts when I finish an activity and then when on a chairlift it does it too and also I've had it during a middle of a run down. It's random though and some days it doesn't do it as badly and then others it will be almost every 5 minutes. It also seems to affect the GPS as the saved activity recordings show time and duration but the map and distance is way below actual . 

• Before I returned my FR945 I wiped and updated and worked with support repeatedly. Tried F6sProS instead and yesterday, at 5000ft, same problem. All the functions that work fine at lower elevations fail exactly when they are much more valuable. Look forward to hearing from Garmin because I really like these watches and don't want to keep returning.

• Also happening for me. Very annoying. Started happening for me after tracking high altitude mountaineering. Now it is happening on every activity I save. Please update me if there is a fix/solution available.

• Hello,

I have the same problem. Who can I help you to collect enough information to resolve this issue?

Thank you,

Cristina

• I can confirm this happened every since run I had when I visited Colorado Springs.  Once I got back home to below 1000ft above sea level, the watch functioned fine.  

Interestingly, during the "bad" activities, I had respiration rate show up as a metric for my run (no step count though),

• Same problem here. It used to work just fine, but I noticed that it may have started started after updating Garmin Connect app the 27th of Sept.