This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Repeated reboots while saving an activity

I upgraded to 2.70 and since then my two hiking activities are rebooting the watch during the activity saving. After the watch restarts the activity is loaded back. I save it and it reboots again. That repeats multiple times until it finally succeeds (5-10 attempts). Probably related to elevation but it is just a guess. My two running activities saved fine on first attempt.

Any idea what is going on? Bug?

T.

• So this did start happening to me while I was in Denver for a week. I did do a hard reset now in Miami and it has been fine for the last 2 activities.

• I had the same problem in the alps last week. To save my activity I canged the height of the height meter to sea-level. Then it doesn't do a reset. (sorry for my English) 

• Same thing happened, after a running workout of one of the training programs. The program remained in the result mode, and after pressing a button started to reboot. Data of the activity was saved, but data of regular measurements, since last sync, were lost. 

• Me too :( Nearly every time I try to save a workout it repeatedly and slowly reboots. Eventually if I can get home and plug it into power and turn it on and off a few times it saves but loses training effect and other data. All software up to date and no other troubleshoots are helping. I’m desperate for a fix please Garmin!! 

• Just an update, if any info is useful. I can send files and/or screen shots.

I guess I just want to make sure the below gets addressed, not just the saving issue.

Went for a very long hike again didn't save. Actually finally saved when I was at the same spot as last time. Lower altitude ~4000ft, in cell range, exiting mountains. 

Even though it correctly saved and recorded all metrics when within the hike in the file. Heart rate, steps, and body battery, for some reason started recording half way through otherwise it looks like I was not wearing the watch the first half. Last hike the whole thing was just blank.

Last time I got no training load. This time it did report a training load and effect this time. It was on the low side and I'm assuming based on half the hike like the missing heartrate. Despite this, the training effect and load tiles don't recognize that I did a hike or any activity today.

So my watch is yelling at me again... get your load up bro.

The running works great for my normal runs, and everything seems to be working.

Thanks for updating us this is being looked into.

• Same here,  5 reboots on save. With change sport it finally did save. Very annoying!

• Still bugs me and no quickfix update Frowning2

• Did it show a training effect after saving in the stats?

• It’s happening to my FR945 as well. First few times it was occasionally but now it takes more than 10 tries. Very frustrating as I waited to upgrade to this watch from my FR235 for months and now have to wear my FR235 on important activities. This really sucks. 

One thing I noticed that if I connect the watch to power supply and then try to save it, it usually works the first or second tries. 

If you do resolve this issue, will it be a automatic update or would I need to manually upgrade the software. 

• Hi Blake.  The same issue described is occurring for me as of yesterday.  Details:

- 940 watch has up-to-date FW (v2.8).

- Changes since last functional (9/21) and issue started occurring (9/22): (A) Location change [CA to CO], (B) iPhone upgraded to iOS 13.

- Additional issues: The watch is not transferring Sleep or Pulse Ox data.  HR data is sporadically being transferred.  An activity's HR data is not visible in HR Details (i.e. day-long details) but rather only in the activity.

- Other information: I cannot get a 9/23 current activity to save (reboots continuously).  With the watch plugged-in I was able to get a 9/22 activity to save after a few of the issue-prompted reboots (currently I do not have access to power cord).

Thanks.