This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Repeated reboots while saving an activity

I upgraded to 2.70 and since then my two hiking activities are rebooting the watch during the activity saving. After the watch restarts the activity is loaded back. I save it and it reboots again. That repeats multiple times until it finally succeeds (5-10 attempts). Probably related to elevation but it is just a guess. My two running activities saved fine on first attempt.

Any idea what is going on? Bug?

T.

• Since 2.70 my 945  activitreboots activities,  when i go to press a menu up/buttondown anytime after it saved. Every single time i i finish an activity i have the reboot when i press a button. Kind of annoying. 

• I just did a full reset, and Garmin (Chat) Support wants me to hold off on adding the watch face back until testing. Will report my findings

• Happened to me twice, both on my longest runs in the last 2 weeks, a 34 mile and a 21 miler. Both of them I was using navigation and climb pro. I was able to get the 21 miler saved after 3 attempts, but I gave up on the 34 miler (a race) after about 8 attempts. I wish I had seen this thread then. I would have kept trying. 

• Same thing happened to me over the weekend when climbing Mt. Snowdon.  Got back down, tried to save the activity and the device rebooted. Tried this several times (maybe 4). Eventually I selected 'Resume later' and tried to save a few hours later and succeeded. Not great really.

• Same here. Chatted with support last week after a (4 mile) run took about 10 resets to finally save and they recommended a factory reset. Did one test activity immediately after which worked fine, but after the weekend, both my runs encountered the reset problem. 

Not using anything from CIQ, and happens whether or not I use navigation / maps.

• I've started fresh. Fixed it for one activity, but now it's happening again.

• Had this happen to me twice. Successfully saved after a few reboots when selecting save. It was a relief to see the device recover the activity after a sudden reboot, but still an issue that needs to be addressed. I've not seen the issue after shorter runs, but the issue did present itself after a long hike. Each reboot also took ~10 min. which I believe is a separate issue I've reported in another thread.

The first time, I had done a fairly long hike in a remote area. My phone was on me and connected to the watch, but it did not have service. I was at a higher elevation (11,000+ft) for this hike. The second time was after a run (~9 miles) in otherwise normal circumstances at home. I did not have my phone on me, but it may have connected to it as I was arriving back at home. Elevation was low (~1,000ft) and everything else about the activity seemed normal. I could pull error logs from the device if that's helpful.

• Same here for the first time during a month of use. After a run, stopped and saved the activity, a few minutes showing finals results and talking with friends, it trayed  syncing wi-fi and failed, pressing the down button to find "Finish"...long reboot.

Activity saved and correctly synced despite failed advice...but INSTABILITY is frustrating and undermines confidence…..

FW 2.72 beta, rev. C. No other bugs...

• Short trail run (4.5 mi) saved, but pikes peak marathon took 15ish attempts to save and my watch wouldn't reconnect to watch until I readd it.  I have not had issues with regular runs. 

• Same here. I had a reboot (only one) while saving a 5 hour bike ride two days ago, then yesterday it saved a 6.5 ride without a problem. No CIQ or map usage FWIW.