This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

sound and visual alerts in workout mode

Hello, is there a way to get rid of the sound and visual alerts while in workout mode with zones HR, W, pace ... to respect. 

I still want to tell the watch I have to run at 140 HR for 45' but I don't wan't it to vibrate and show big visual alerts that I am "in the zone" or that my HR is 143 for 5 seconds.
Is that possible ?
Thanks

• for example with pace target the screen with the arrow and the pace
    this one : workout screen

• You clearly haven't used this in reality :) I'm perfectly happy with the guidance the workout data field gives me. I don't want super intrusive alerts popping up.

• Sure this works as a workaround. But I'll have to rewrite all workouts. And that's not how other programs use them, ex. Zwift.

But seriously, how hard is it to add a "disable workout alerts" option?

• Also, when I do Intervals longer than 1km I have to disable the Auto Lap function every 1km otherwise I end up with intermediate laps I don't want. Is there a way to disable Auto Lap while in an Intervals workout? 

You would need to disable Autolap manually.

Personally though, I have created a duplicate of the Running profile called Running - Structured, where I have turned off Autolap and made some tweaks to the display screens. This saves me having to remember to turn off Autolap manually.

• Hi, funnily enough I wanted to start a post about this as well! It's driving me crazy too. I have Auto Lap enabled every 1km because I want to keep an eye on my paces but not during my workouts. It seems there is no way to get rid of both Sound and Vibration alerts. It's so annoying!

Also, when I do Intervals longer than 1km I have to disable the Auto Lap function every 1km otherwise I end up with intermediate laps I don't want. Is there a way to disable Auto Lap while in an Intervals workout? 

This is something that has been discussed quite frequently in the past. Back in the day Autolap was disabled during custom/scheduled workouts by default. However, after much shouting, wailing and gnashing of teeth form a vociferous few, Garmin changed the autolap function to the way it works now.

The way around this is to have two Activities, one with Autolap enabled and one with it not.

• Thanks. I can confirm that adding a second Intervals activity with auto lap off worked for me. Cheers 

• Did we ever get a reply on how to remove the pop up alerts when in workout mode?

• Anyone ever found a way to disable both pop ups and sounds?
    I had this "issue" on the Fenix 6s...now I have an 945 lte and it is the same! 
    In the edge 530 we don't have this.