This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Manual Set lactate threshold pace?

Is there a way to manually enter a lactate threshold pace or HR? The auto-detection of lactate threshold on the watch leaves a lot to be desired and pretty regularly gives me the wrong pace.

This wasn't an issue until the new Training peaks auto push calendar workouts to Garmin Connect was implemented. The training peaks run workouts are set to a percentage of LT pace and connect is pushing it to my watch as such. Training peaks has my accurate pace of 7:50min/mile and the paces for my run intervals when viewed in TP reflect that. When I start doing the workout on my watch however, the paces the watch are telling me to run are much slower. I'm pretty sure it is using the watch detected pace of 8:30 min/mile and I can't find any way to fix it. I can't find a way to enter a new value in GCM or the GC web portal. It seems if you can set your paces by LT HR, you should be able to do so with pace as well. 

• Have you tried switching off auto-detection for LT? The watch then won't set HR, and LT pace. I'm pretty sure you can get rid of the already set pace when you connect the watch to a PC, and fiddle with the file in a .FIT reader.

• you changed your threshold in TP after auto push comes?

if yes, there was a bug between TP and Garmin, new values aren't arrived in Garmin, in the meanwhile it works for me, got some tips from TP Support!

• I'm not sure what you mean. My threshold changes all the time, as it should if you are effectively training.

Are you saying that there is a bug in the transfer? So Garmin doesn't use a dynamic value, it just gets the pace for each workout sent at the initial time of transfer? They have stated that when something changes on a workout, it gets pushed to Garmin, is that not the case?

• i have a 40 week training plan in TP, all workouts sent to correctly, during week 20 i made Fitnesstests and changed my FTP for cycling in TP, same for pace zones in TP and of course Heartbeat in TP, but Garmin uses the old % of FTP for week 20 for all workouts after week 20.

Hope it's understandable now?

here the initial answer by TP, in the meanwhile it works for me and it is 2 weeks old:

Thank you for the email. Unfortunately, the changing of an FTP or updating training zones will not update your workouts in Garmin Connect just yet. Sorry for the limitation on this. Our engineers are currently working with Garmin on an update for this. The workouts are updating properly in TrainingPeaks, just not in Garmin Connect.

If you do change your threshold of which a Structured Workout is based on and you would like to update this Structured Workout in Garmin Connect, please update the workout with one of the two options below:

1) You can copy this workout, then paste it to your Calendar (and delete the original). This should send the renewed workout with the correct values to Garmin Connect.

OR

2) You can edit this structured workout by changing one of the values (a percentage or a duration/distance of one of the steps) and save- this should also push the updated workout to Garmin Connect.

• any updates on this issue? I am having the same problem and I would like the range pace in TrainingPeaks to correspond with the running pace range in Garmin

• I am also in the same boat.

• nope, but i changed my way for training, for cycling i use Trainer Road, where you can send the workout directly to Edge, in TP i only create a workout with TSS/IF and duration.
    For running i use Stryd, there i create my workouts on TP and send them to the watch with Connect IQ "Drews Interval App", day by day, it's a little bit similar to the old Connect IQ App to send workouts from TP to a Garmin device

• long time ago... but (in the meantime) is there a solution to enter the threshold pace in the garmin profil like the Threshold HR? I get my running training plan in acc to % of threshold pace, but the pace in garmin is not the correct one measured in a diagnostic i want to use. So the watch uses the right % of a wrong value. Maybe a workaround in a file on the watch.

• Why is it not correct ? the 945 is perfictly able to find you Threshild during specific runs !

• on 945 it's just a calculation / estimate ... the values ​​from diagnostics are more accurate. In the watch LTHR can be changed, but not the pace. So why? or how ;-)