This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Swimming OHR finally here!

The new 2.64 Beta finally allows the OHR to be turned on for swimming! Has anyone had a chance to try it out? I'm hoping to be able to squeeze in a swim tomorrow to try it out.

• That's great news, hopefully it works OK. I noticed while playing in the pool with my 3-yo that my HR was reading fine under warter and was hoping they would give the option to activate it for swimming. It's frustrating to get no training load for swims, and I don't want to wear an HRM for swimming.

• Interesting for Garmin to activate it. But there's probably a lot of pressure to do so.  Maybe they have tweak it to be as good as it can be and decided oh f it. Interesting to see what people think about it, but it's just like the optical HR during activities, YMMV, and probably a lot.

I'm not going to use it. Optical is for 24/7, training is done with proper HR.

• Just tested today for a 3000m , it seems quite reliable... next time i'll compare to my Polar OH-1 that it's almost identical to HRM-Swim

• Impossible to judge reliability from a sample of n = 1. But I guess you mean it gave you some numbers that are believable.

Interestingly, I've never managed to get any reading from my OH1+ from the goggle strap but not tried it on the arm yet. Have you had any results from the goggle strap mount?

• Tested on 1000m pool swim. Approx 5-7bpm down on HRM-SWIM that i usually use.

Interestingly it will looks for an external HRM when saving, you have to wait till it says "do you want to save without a HRM" then save. So it could be a useful backup if your HRM fails while swimming.

1. My OH-1 is a 2018 model so i haven't any goggle strap...
  • This morning I did an easy 1 hour OWS and Garmin Connect showed a rather straight HF line around HF140. I don't have the HRM-swim band, so no comparison with actual HF during swimming. But it looks rather accurate. This weekend I will do a pool swim with some faster intervals, so curious how that HF graph will look like.

• Are you saying the watch is incorrectly measuring the HR increase, or does it actually increase that much when you shower?

• Is it possible to transfer the heart rate data stored from the polar oh1 to the activity, in the same way the HRM swim does? I mean, could you add the data stored in the Oh1 to the swimming activitie file? 

• No, unfortunately you can't... maybe it will possible with Scosche rhythm 24... they said this option would have been available until this summer... we'll see, but I don't count on that much.