This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 945 Beta 2.64 is now available

Notes:

• For any issues that you encounter please fill out the form included in the download and attach it to an email to [email protected]. Please note that you may not get a response to the email unless we need more information on the issue you report.
  • Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.

Changes made from version 2.50 to 2.64:

• Added ability to enable wrist-based heart rate for swimming (pool and open water). To enable this feature: 1. Open Menu 2. Scroll to 'Wrist Heart Rate' and enter menu 3. Scroll to 'While Swimming' and toggle to 'On'
  • Note that there are inherent limitations with the technology that may cause some of the heart rate readings to be inaccurate under certain circumstances.   These circumstances include the user’s physical characteristics, the fit of the device, and the type and intensity of the swimming.  For the most accurate heart rate during swimming, Garmin recommends using HRM-SwimTm or HRM-TriTm heart rate monitors. 
  • Added Connect IQ 3.1 functionality.
  • Fixed issues with LiveTrack
  • Addressed rare issue of hourly alert drifting off of hour
  • Fixed lapping issues in adaptive training plans and workouts
  • Addressed 'Around Me' search time when using North Up map
  • Fixed issue of duplicates of a user in GroupTrack
  • Enabled support for Approach CT10 golf club trackers
  • Added Sight N' Go feature

Installation Instructions

1. Connect your Forerunner 945 to your computer using the USB cable.
  2. Download and unzip Forerunner945_264Beta.zip. Place the GUPDATE.GCD file in the \GARMIN folder of your device's internal storage drive.
  3. In Forerunner945_264Beta, go to the RemoteSW folder. Place the GUP3114.GCD file in the \GARMIN\REMOTESW folder of your device's internal storage drive.
  4. Disconnect your device from the computer, approve the update on the watch, and wait for the update to finish.
  5. If you would like to revert to the last public release software, place the GUPDATE-250.GCD (or if you were on 2.60, GUPDATE-260.GCD) file in the \GARMIN folder. Rename GUPDATE-250.GCD to GUPDATE.GCD before disconnecting your device. To revert the RemoteSW, place the RemoteSW\Downgrades\GUP3114-220.GCD in the \GARMIN\REMOTESW folder. NOTE: If you revert to an older version of software, all of your settings will be reset to defaults.

The download can be found here

• Don't have this issue. Following end of treadmill run and pushing 'start/stop' button, scroll down on watch to 'Calibrate and Save" on watch options. 

• APAC devices can never use the Beta software versions. APAC software updates are also released later than for the ROW devices. There is no way around it unless you return your APAC device and purchase a ROW version.

• I have a Forerunner 945 asia version which bought in Singapore.

In System Language lists English and other southeast asia language but no Chinese and Japanese.

My question is:

Can I install this Beta Softerware?

Thanks!

• this beta isn't for APAC version watches.

• I've done this and there is no option available after 1,75km. 

Language German, maybe it's interesting for development.

• Has anyone tried the swimrun on this beta?  I'm not sure if it's the beta or just the watch.. When I pause the activity on the swim and resume, the watch crashes and restarts

• I have done only 3 open water swims with this drivers. 2 times was everything ok when i swam alone, but one time i was racing in IM Tallinn and it recorded only about first 3 minutes of 1h22min GPS. Everything else it recorded good - strokes, HR, Temp

• Hi, I'm enjoying 2.64 because my main sport is swimming and it's great to be able to use WHR and getting the training effect for each session. However, on my connect app I don't get info regarding training load. I can see info about my training load directly from my 945 but no data is displayed in my connect app. It seems that as I don't do running or cycling sessions, the training load widget is not activated. Garmin, could you please take a look at this issue?? Thanks!!!

• One more thing, looking a pool swimming session on connect app, although whr seems to be recorded great and the hr graph seems to be fine, when trying to zoom it, it doesn't get displayed correctly.