This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to switch map region in the 945

Hi....I ordered a forerunner 945 via a dutch site. But now I have the watch (came from Great Britain) but I don't see european maps in the watch. I can only reinstall north america maps so my guess is that it's actually a watch from a different region.

How can I deinstall the north america region and install the European region?

• The watch itself is great. There's a issue with battery drain though when the big maps are active. That's a bit of a shame. But since they are of another region I deactivated them.

• Ok. Thanx you all. I oredered it at the same company mentioned above. Should be delivered in 6-8 working days and decided to do it insured. Wondering if I get something due to all the posts I now read on FB. Luckily I paid through Paypal. Well I'll be a bit patient and wait. ;-) Won't put up the 735 for sale yet.

• I've never had a delivery problem with that site. But for service.....hope my devices won't need it in the future.

• How did you do this? Buy the European Maps via Garmin? How did you install them because they must be large files and next to the files that are already present probably won't fit?

• As I didn't trust it as the website isn't really trustworthy and I read almost only negative reviews I tried to cancel it. It states you have to file a ticket, but that option doesn't work. Also the paypal-account they use is in a non-existing domain. So mailed them just after I ordered it to cancel it. Without the idea that that would happen, but this morning waking up I find a mail from 3:45AM that they have cancelled it and refunded. So I'll stick to the 735XT for a while.

• I believe the problem is you need to turn off the North American maps on your watch.  Tap top right button, then Hold middle left button, then scroll to map, configure maps, then turn off anything that shows North America,

I like many just use the Talky Toaster maps and they work brilliantly on the Garmin 945.  The level of detail is incredible and he has a guide on how to install them onto a forerunner (need to download an app if you’re using a Mac)

he does monthly updates for European maps which is a bargain for £25.  You can buy a one-off map for £12.

subscription.talkytoaster.me.uk/.../