This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Does anyone else have the constant display of 236km/hr wind bug on their FR945?

Wind speed is always 236 km/h? Does anyone else have this on their weather widget?

more importantly does anyone have a fix for this?

uninstalled app, reinstalled app. Switched off and restarted watch and garmin connect app.  Unconnected Bluetooth and reconnected Bluetooth. Still no change. 

• Same, 236 km/h, IPhone 8 Plus, I live in Stockholm Sweden

• It's pretty clear what's going on here: for one reason or another, Garmin is getting a value of -1 internally, likely meaning that no valid data is available. The watch, however, is not checking for this value. Instead it is blindly converting it to km/h (or mph, depending on user settings) and displaying that.

How do I know this? Because a 16-bit signed integer value of -1 converts to an unsigned value of 65535. Internal units of wind speed must be in mm/s because 65535 mm/s converts to 235.9 km/h or 146.6 mph. Exactly the values discussed in this thread.

This should be a very simple fix for Garmin to display something that indicates wind speed is unavailable in this case. But is the development team even aware of this simple bug? And does the -1 value indicate a larger issue with getting data from weather stations?

• The only way to be certain they are aware is if someone has reported this to Garmin Support.

As an aside, I'm in NZ and never get weather information detail, just Waiting for data. I have a Marq Athlete too. While I can see weather summary on that, I don't get the detail in that either.

However, just been over in Aus for a couple of weeks and all was good over there. Garmin are aware of the issue I am having.

• Thanks for this great insight and information. I logged this issue with Garmin support when I created this initial post. I will forward Garmin support the above information and see if they respond. 

• Any new information on this topic?  

• I read somewhere you need to have location services always on for garmin connect mobile. I didn’t try it as I’m not wanting to have it on all the time. 

• Have you got the problem? A fix for most was rolled out a la few days back. If you are still having the problem either with the wind speed display or the weather, let Garmin Support know.

• My location data is “always on”, and I still have 236km/h. 

• I have the same issue when in London. Recently travelled to Italy and the info changed and was accurate. Not sure why it happens.

• I noticed when I was out of town over Christmas that the wind speed was normal. I thought Garmin had finally got around to fixing it. Then I came back to Toronto, and it’s 236 again.