This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Does anyone else have the constant display of 236km/hr wind bug on their FR945?

Wind speed is always 236 km/h? Does anyone else have this on their weather widget?

more importantly does anyone have a fix for this?

uninstalled app, reinstalled app. Switched off and restarted watch and garmin connect app.  Unconnected Bluetooth and reconnected Bluetooth. Still no change. 

• This week (today’s 12 Jan 2020) I’ve noticed the 236km/h has changed to 0km/h at home in Sydney. I understand that the closest weather station doesn’t record wind and most apps rely on the next closest weather station for this data. In Sydney, observatory hill weather station has temp and it uses the Sydney airport data for wind.  0 is an improvement on 236 which was due to a negative number previously explained on this thread, but it is not the next closest weather station data which I would have thought to be a better solution. Still no final response from Garmin support on this either since my original lodgement 7months ago.

Has anyone else noticed 0 replacing the 236?

• Yes, 0 now in Toronto too. 

• Yes same in London. And it's pretty windy outside!

• Received a response from Garmin Support

“Hello,

We are reaching back out regarding the reported issue with the weather widget on the Forerunner 945 constantly displaying a wind speed of 236 km/h. We found that this was typically caused when the reporting weather station was not providing the information and was being interpreted incorrectly by the app to display on your device. 

We have released a fix for this with our latest update to the Garmin Connect app that was released last week, version 4.26. If you have not had a chance to install the update, please install this from the App Store. 

If you continue to have any issues with this, please let us know. 

Thank you for choosing Garmin,

Product Support

Garmin International”

• Thanks for fixing the fact that it was always 236km/hour. Can you now fix the fact that it’s always 0km/hr?  Neither is accurate or helpful. 
    cheers

• This issue has come back with version 4.4.  It appeared to be fixed with version 4.26 albeit it reported 0 rather than 236km/h. 

I would have thought the fix would be something along the line of : if negative wind data at a weather station, obtain data from the next closest weather station?  if in fact the issue is with insufficient weather station data recorded as -1 to indicate there is no valid wind data at that weather station.

• It appears that this has actually been fixed in version 5.0 today.  Not exactly sure where the wind data is been taken from but it is better than 0km/hr and has the correct direction. I’m located in Sydney. Temperature used to come from Observatory Hill, which doesn’t record wind data but gets it from Fort Denison and history above shows that it (Wind) has always been displayed incorrectly.

thanks Garmin!

• no problem at all. The netherlands