GPS Chipset Beta 2.42 improvements?

Do you see significant improvements in GPS+Galileo?

We do our on duty runs on the fire station in the forest near Frankfurt Airport. It’s a tough environment for GPS watches. Because of the radar and the trees. The Fenix 5 always didn’t look not good until Galileo got enabled for it. With GPS+Galileo it produced consistent and awesome tracks. 

When i ggot the FR945, I enabled Galileo only to see rubbish tracks, GPS+Glonass was fine. After the first run with Galileo i switched to Glonass and got tracks like this:

When I read about the GPS firmware beta, I got excited and installed it Thursday night. I took the FR to the station with me yesterday and tracked yesterday’s run with Galileo. I don’t see improvements:

Was someone able to test open water swimming?

Today I’m gonna try it in open fields and am looking on Galileo performance on Edge 830  

Parents
  • Just upgraded to 2.42 this morning and though I can't judge after just one run, the map tracing reminded me of better times (FR630 and prior) - at least for 13 of the 16.5k run. It's not that this specific trace with 2.40 was bad, but with 2.48 it's perfect. Of course both of them had difficulties at some places, especially after coming out from under a 10-30m bridge or with denser tree cover.

Today, with v2.48:

Yesterday, with v2.40:

Both traces are good

• Just upgraded to 2.42 this morning and though I can't judge after just one run, the map tracing reminded me of better times (FR630 and prior) - at least for 13 of the 16.5k run. It's not that this specific trace with 2.40 was bad, but with 2.48 it's perfect. Of course both of them had difficulties at some places, especially after coming out from under a 10-30m bridge or with denser tree cover.

Today, with v2.48:

Yesterday, with v2.40:

Both traces are good

Children