This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 945 battery issue

I have huge problem with battery.

Before I used fenix 5x plus and battery 7days was standard.

Now I use 945 I every week I cut something and always less than  days.

I already turn off pulsoxymetr tottaly , use less applications,  run with only GPS without gallileo.  Run less than 40km per week and my record 5 days.

How much your battery stay in 945?

• Mine was having the same issue.  I drained the battery to 5% and then recharged to full which had a big improvement.  It must recalibrate the battery meter.

• After the software update yesterday my 945 is dead every 12 hours, will not work for full day. It was lasting a week easy prior to software update. 

• WOW so you need charging like mobile phone every day Fearful

• some people suggest this is problem with first version 945.

Maybe required contact to garmin support? 

• My battery went from 100% last Wednesday (6/5) 12pm PST to 16% today (6/13) at 1pm PST. In this time, I had 7 runs (~40miles) with GPS+Glonass. Some with HRM-Tri and some with RD Pod. I also wear it 24/7 with PulseOx on overnight. Could probably go another couple days in smartwatch mode only based on the battery widget.

Have been pretty happy with battery life after the update to 2.5. My first few charge cycles were not as good.

• Hi,

I'm experiencing a similar issue. I posted about it in other topic. I tried to use the on-board watch-face, I have the spO2 turned off, I tried the switch on/ off cycles, the reset to factory setting (via software and "hard-reset"). I do workout 1h/ day without music and now the average battery usage is >7% per hour (few day ago it was "just" 4-5%/hr...). I charged the device twice today since the battery went down for >50% last night (watch face in battery saving mode, i.e. only the hour is displayed, without any other elements) :( Now I'm on 91% and I'm about 2 hrs since last charge to 100%. Literally, nothing helps.

I asked Garmin to help me to resolve the issue but so far I haven't got any feedback from them. I do not belive the problem can be solved via firmware update and I willprobably have to file a complaint.

Take care.

• I talked with few colleagues and these who buy in May they have issue with battery, but colleagues which buy in june it works minimum 7days without problem. First part was with battery issue? 

• In my case 20%per day without ox and without any sport only walk

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to Jan502
    I talked with few colleagues and these who buy in May they have issue with battery

Coincidence.  I was one of the first to receive my 945 (ordered April 30th, May 2nd delivery) and I've had no battery issues. 

• lucky you . 

So what you think , why  some people have issue ?