This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

WHR Epoxy manufactur defect, dissolves after 3 weeks of wearing. very poor quality, low cost materials

i have this watch nearly 3 weeks and now the epoxy dissolves. i have a hole allready over one sensor, meaning the watch isn't waterproof anymore.

look at this

Never had such Problems with my fenix 5x after 2 years.

Besides the mushy/sticky buttons, this watch is very poor manufactured.

I will return the watch and stay away from the product, i think this is no single case / issue.

Only Sweat and water touched the watch, also no accident from falling down or something like that.

• This is very disappointing. I've ordered my 945 10 days ago and I'm still waiting for it, but if this is no single case, I'm afraid I will cancel my order. Did anybody have a similar problem? 

• No problems here and i have the watch since the 7th of May.

• Well, i have talked to the Customer Service of the shop, where i bought the watch.

They will take the watch back.

Also, it seems, that there are several returns.

they said, that they are also unhappy,  that there are more returns, because of quality matters, as usual.

Mainly the watch returns, because of the buttons, which most people does not accept for this price.

They say, that there are also many watches, where the quality is ok.

It seems, that at some point the quality assurrance has failed for several watches. So there are watches on the market which never had to go public.

if you have tough luck, like me, you get such a watch.

But it seems that many customers got a good watch indeed.

i will now wait, till garmin gets their quality assurance fixed and that such faulty watches are not send to customers and shops anymore, watch the forum and will wait some months to start a new try.

Luckily, here in germany you have the right to send back your online-purchsases without any reasons within 14 days and get your money back. and most shops are fair enough to extend that time if you got products which have severe manufacturing errors.

• Thanks for the followup. I guess I'll just wait for my watch and see. I'm buying it at my local shop which is run by a pretty nice guy, so I'm sure I won't have any problem in returning it and have a replace. Maybe even this delay is not bad and I will get one of the "good" samples. I'll update with my impressions after a few weeks of usage. 

• Sadly I'm in with this too.

Noticed the cracks on the same side (serial number side) starting also with the right most the heaviest crackling.

After two weeks of usage my button seemed fine (but the left ones without the pre-click movement).

I already contacted Garmin Support wrt the mushy buttons, but no reply for over a week.

I'll try my luck with the shop support where I bought.

• For tracking purposes:

Serial rage is 5Z60110XX

• Emmm I checked my watch after reading this. Appears mine is doing the same. Will monitor and return if it progresses.

• So nothing learned from the previous Forerunner 935 .. I have had now two 935 cracking exactly the same way. Picture of the latest one included.

• very worrying, I returned 2 x 935s because of this, if the 945 does the same it's time to jump brands to Suunto I'd guess?