This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Treadmill Calibration

Just moved from Fenix 5+ to 945. On the Fenix after each treadmill run I was able to adjust the distance by “Calibrate & Save”. The 945 manual tells me that the process is the same but the option is not available at the end of each run. I run on lots of different treadmills so need this after each run as was possible on the Fenix. Any ideas?

• If you run on lots of different treadmills - get a Stryd. Then at least your measurements will be reasonably consistent. 

Treadmills are notoriously unreliable for measuring your actual run distance. I find Technogym most unreliable - but PreCor and LifeFitness are not perfect either. But they are both more “consistent” - I have 8 LF 95T’s in my gym - and they are all reasonable - but not the same. I go to a Virgin gym with brand new TechnoGym machines and there difference between each identical machine is 4-5% - where the PreCor & LF are within 1-3% difference. 

So I think most of it is how “worn” machines and belts are - how strong the motor really is - and how much they “micro slip” for each step you do. (Every time you put your foot down on the belt you slow it slightly)

I have my own LF Discover 3 self-maintained in absolute perfect condition Slight smile and that is within 0.7% of my Stryd - which is a lot better than any Gym I go to. But I would not calibrate my Stryd from my LF treadmill. 

My Stryd matches my mapped out tracks within 0.5% normally (track or paved straight roads)

• I have the same experience. I've worn my footpod both outdoors and then on the treadmill, and I never get prompted to "Calibrate & Save" as I did on my Forerunner 935. This seems like a bug.

• Interesting. Yesterday I did my first TM run with the 945 and since there was no meaningful difference between the mill and the watch I didn't even look for the option and just hit the down button once to save and it automatically went to the calibration.

Are you getting at least 1 mile or 2 km recorded by the watch before trying to save? I think below that threshold it's not an option due to lack of data to interpret.

• I too have the same experience—no treadmill calibration option offered

• Yes, I ran yesterday for 4.13 miles according to the watch (4.0 on the treadmill), however, no calibrate option was shown. I just adjusted the Calibration factor for the footpod afterwards 

• I was prompted after my first treadmill run but accidently advanced it without even paying attention... I have not been prompted again since.

NOTE: I do run with a Stryd so I thought it was odd that I was prompted in the first place... And yes, I do have Speed/Distance set to Stryd always.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to adamdehaven

calibration only recalculates the stored totals in the fit file after a workout

calibration does not set any parameters in your watch for next workouts

could be wrong Slight smile

I had only set manual correction factor not automatic ?

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to MAGNUS_tm

I think the calibration questions shows up once

second time you have to scroll to get to choose the calibration again

• Did anyone find a solution for this?

I have the same problem and are also running with Stryd.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to pdais97

you mean no menu whatsoever or  ? when you scroll down you see no calibration item ?

have the same problem after a firmware update

the silly thing is, there was a fix for treadmill calibration in that version...go figure Slight smile

am certain the calibration menu can only be resurrected when doing a master reset

press and hold the light button did not work for me

bonne chance

happy & safe sporting