This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin 945 does not respond to headphone volume controls during music playback.

I’ve paired my Garmin 945 with my Bose SoundSport Free BT wireless buds. Unless I specifically navigate to the screen on the watch where you can adjust the volume, the watch is not responsive to the headphone volume control buttons. I’m using Spotify with synched music for playback.  

• The volume buttons work for me even when the music screen (or even volume screen) is not active. Jaybird X4 with "My Music" (manually copied .mp3 files)

• I’m having the same problem, two different headphones.

Jaybird Tarah Pro: was having music stuttering issues together with non of the buttons working and various connection issues. Today I started wearing the watch on my right wrist (same side as the Bluetooth antenna for headphones) and it seems to have resolved all issues.

JBL Reflect Mini 2: new issues. Connected up without issue at first but then only the volume down button didn’t work, even though it would still go to a previous song when I held down the volume down button. Disconnect reconnect, now it won’t connect at all. Try remove/re-add device, now the headphones won’t pair properly with the watch at all. I eventually figured out how to reset the headphones, afterwards initial connection good again except same volume down function problem. Tried repositioning etc definitely not a connectivity range issue. Very frustrating, to say the least.

• I have jaybird x3's. They work flawlessly with the watch. Volume controls and next/prev track work fine from any screen. I have no hiccups or stutters whatsoever.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago

I just received the Bose SoundSport Free's as a birthday gift this week. I have no problems adjusting the volume from the ear buds. Have you tried removing them from your 945 and pairing them again? 

• How is your experience with the connection? I have the soundsport free earbuds, and are considering buying the watch. Blush

• Same problem with Creative Outlier Gold. Depending which earbud is the master (left or right) the volume down or volume up button does not work although skipping a track works. Hopefully we'll get a firmware update from Garmin soon.

• Powerbeats Pro...the skip forward/back buttons work but not the volume buttons unfortunately.

• Powerbeats Pro worked after the first connection, but now the volume control doesn't work.  Its now annoying to adjust the volume.  Pause/skip button works.

• If you remove these headphones and then pair them again as if they were new, do you still see this same issue?

• Jaybird Tarah Pro

All together works well with some hickups here and there that sometimes require just simple on/off, sometimes re-pair and sometimes rest the headphone set (connecting to charger)