This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin 945 does not respond to headphone volume controls during music playback.

I’ve paired my Garmin 945 with my Bose SoundSport Free BT wireless buds. Unless I specifically navigate to the screen on the watch where you can adjust the volume, the watch is not responsive to the headphone volume control buttons. I’m using Spotify with synched music for playback.  

• Hi Blake...I have just tried this as you suggested but no difference i'm afraid. Can this be sorted out? As stated earlier...the Play/Pause and track skip etc work fine...it's just the volume that wont work...(ps...the volume can normally be changed on either Left or Right earbud) 

• I have no idea why Garmin can not fix this issue. There are a lot of headphones that show exactly the same behavior with Garmin watches (volume buttons not working) and these headphones work flawlessly with other music sources. So my assumptions as IT guy is that the protocol implementation of Garmin has a bug. Could be easily tracked down and fixed by buying one of the affected headphones.

• having similar issues with Jaybird Vista. I set the volume fine the first time i connected to the watch. Now randomly whenever i connect the earbuds up to my forerunner 245, it defaults back to a dangerously loud volume, which i cannot change. i have to keep turning the earbuds on and off until it randomly decides to play at the low volume i'd previously set. incredibly frustrating.

• having similar issues with Jaybird Vista Pro. I set the volume fine the first time i connected to the watch. Now randomly whenever i connect the earbuds up to my forerunner 245, i defaults back to a dangerously loud volume, which i cannot change. i have to keep turning the earbuds on and off until it randomly decides to play at the low volume i'd previously set. incredibly frustrating.

• Hi - I came across your post when I was researching why the volume control on my Creative Outlier Gold was not working with my 945. Seems Garmin still haven't sorted it out.  So - returned the Golds and have bought MIFO 05 for the same price, £90. And they work perfectly, can adjust volume, even if I only have one earbud in. I am in heaven, just wanted to let everybody know what to buy if they want volume control when bluetoothed to a Garmin watch!

• Thank you very much. Very interesting information. In the meantime I could return my Creative Outlier Gold.
    Regards Juergen

• Hi Judie,
    how would that work when only one earbud is used? You should be able to control it by the smartwatch. If you have only one earbud in than it should not be possible to increase and decrease the volume because the volume control is divided to both earbuds.

• Juergen, I can assure you that it works for me.  I don't want to control with the watch whilst running, the whole point is to control with the earbuds.  If I wear both  earbuds, the L one will decrease the volume whilst the R one increases. However, if I wear only one, the volume control is then cyclical, which I think is fantastic! I didn't realise this before I bought them, so even more happier! (I also tell the watch to play in mono)

• Juergen - was back on earlier reading through these threads and was wondering if you ever sorted your earbud problem? 

• Hi all, just circling back to this thread. I think this problem is resolved. However, I have moved to running with the Apple Airpods Pro, which have no volume control on the buds - so problem solved (ha, ha). The Airpods Pro work very well with the Garmin 945 and as a bonus, they have noise cancellation.