This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

First thoughts...

Got my device yesterday, impressed so far.

Need to keep an eye on the battery life, seemed to drop about 5% overnight, it gets hammered using gps, music and bluetooth as does syncing Spotify over WiFi.

Feels noticeably snappier than the 935, maps look really good and am looking forward to using them hiking around some Yorkshire hills. Seemingly some extra animations switching between screens which feels nice.

I synced up some music over Spotify, that really killed the battery, doing a refresh of all the playlists. It's not a bad interface but

I quickly paired my headphones and went for a 60min run last night, with zero dropouts. I was also trying to keep my HR in a specific zone, and got regular HR readings through the headphones which was very good.

The screen seems easier to read compared to the 935 with my eyes that usually need glasses for reading.

A few bugs noted so far, sight and go is missing from the menus, as is the option to only have gesture activated back light after sunset, suspect this could be quickly fixed.

Cheers,

Greg
  • Can anyone comment on the questions I asked the other day?

What are people's thoughts on the buttons compared to the 935 or the Fenix 5 or 5+ 'clickiness'?
    What is the vibration motor like?

Thanks!
  • KAZ911 said on another post: ‘buttons are very "plasticky’.
  • I am also very interested in buttons feeling and quality, because I had a bad experiance with F3. Any other comments on that except for KAZ911?
    Thank you
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago

see thread Mushy/sticky buttons

update 2 : two hours later
    out of the cup all buttons functioned like I suspect they should
    dried and back on wrist....nada
    only back button behaves like a button
    back in the cup overnight

update 1 :
    watch is being submerged in a cup filled with body temp water and a mild detergent
    after an hour seems less sticky
    sure hope this gets resolved this way :o

ok : as in ok
    sticky : as in gets stuck after pressing loosing their springiness
    no click : as in ok but no feedback

Owner Garmin Device S/N DeviceID Delivery Date Delivered From Sealed Box Returned light up down start-stop back
    OnlyTwo FR945 TRI BUNDLE 5W9003xxx 3995634xxx may 02 '19 Wiggle UK no no sticky no click sticky ok sticky
    OnlyTwo FR945 TRI BUNDLE after soaking two hours in cup no no sticky sticky sticky sticky ok
    OnlyTwo FR945 TRI BUNDLE after soaking eight hours in cup no no sticky ok sticky sticky ok
    kitenski FR945 x x x x x no ok ok ok ok ok
    Browner40 FR945 x x x x x no ok ok ok ok ok
    Lindajm22 FR945 x x x HRM USA x yes ok ok sticky ok ok
    Lindajm22 FR945 x x x HRM USA x no ? ? ? ? ?
    JensenB9 FR945 x x x x x yes ok sticky sticky ok ok
    JensenB9 FR945 x x x x x no no click no click no click no click no click
    eronb FR945 x x x x x no ok sticky sticky ok ok
    Darre80 FR945 5Z6011xxx 3995276xxx may 02 '19 Wiggle UK yes no ok ok ok ok sticky
    likepend1 FR945 x x may 06 '19 Wiggle UK yes no ok ok ok ok ok
    chunkywizzard FR945 x x x x x no ok ok ok ok ok
    davidhurst FR945 x x x x x no ok ok ok ok ok
    Heidstocker FR945 x x may 09 '19 Wiggle UK yes no ok ok ok ok ok
    TMK17 FR945 x x may 08 '19 HRM USA x no ok ok ok ok ok
    Sergey_NY FR945 x x x x x no ok ok ok ok ok
    R_Tellis FR945 x x x x x no ok ok ok ok ok
  • Thanks. That is concerning to hear. My old 935 never suffered with any stuck buttons. If anyone else can add their comments that would be appreciated. I did see somewhere else (think it was on reddit) a owner sent theirs back and the replacement was much better.

I have ordered from Clever Training in the UK with DCR 10% code. No idea when I will receive it though as they have no stock at present. They have a 60 day return window.
  • no issues with buttons on mine, they work!
  • I have the non-Tri Bundle 945 and the buttons feel perfect. They actually feel like more of a positive click than my Fenix 5+
  • I'll chime in. First run with the 945 on the normal route. Compared to the 935 the GPS accuracy was clearly superior on the new watch. I've run this route dozens if not hundreds of times and compared it to a few different versions of the 935 run -- it was far and away the best.

Again, it's only one 3 mile run but very good showing so far.

Were you seeing inconsistencies with your FR935 ? I've never had any complaints with my FR935 that's been very consistent at buzzing at the same (and proper) 1km lap points, like the FR610 or FR235 and unlike the F5 (or the VAHR). Can't really see how the FR945 could improve on that ;-)
  • I sent my 945 back to the retailer because the down button was very sticky. You could feel it click a couple times in and out with every press. It was still functional and never didn't work, but it didn't feel right either. My replacement will be delivered tomorrow.
  • That's really one area where the FR945 could have improved on the FR935, the CLICKINESS ! My FR235 was a lot more clicky than the FR935...having said that I just checked and two years down the road, they actually feel quite CLICKY !