This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Pace During Workout is Incorrect

The calculation of the instant pace in version 7.11 deviates from the actual speed in about 0.5 min/km to 1 min/km.

• I appreciate the contribution to the thread.  If you choose to reconsider and reply to my email with the requested information, I would be happy to continue by submitting the report of your data to Engineering for investigation.

• I had a 5k race yesterday, and Instant pace took well over 3 minutes to latch on.
    I only relied on my lap time for this race, so I still managed to race the way I planned.
    The last time I had the instant pace bug was on 30th November at a 3k time trial.
    The only common thing between these 2 runs is that I did not run with my phone.
    I think it is a possibility that this issue can only occur when the watch is not connected to a phone.
    If anyone else has faced this issue while running with the watch connected to the phone, please let us know.

It looks like Garmin refuses to do anything about this issue without a giant list of things to do from us.
    It helps to confirm a possible hypothesis before even attempting to gather further data about this bug.

The new beta roll out has no mention about this issue. It is at 15% roll out today, if it is available for my account, I'll update to beta today.

• Even when you answer all the questions they refuse to pass along to engineering. I don't know what the point of that is 

Also I took screenshots on the watch. Thats dated. That's the data point to investigate. That is what's wrong.

I bring my phone everytime and the instant pace is way wrong. Now I can't even get my sprints to be categorized with any anaerobic benefit 

• Same. They clearly aren't testing either this is easily reproduceable. Maybe it's time to try Coros

• Instant pace is a lot better is the new beta update (13.21)

I would recommend updating to the latest beta to check if you still are facing instant pace issue. 

• This is great news. Hope the roll out to production is quick.

• The problem continues for me:

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/10283370500

Perhaps this is because I did not receive the updated GPS or SensorHub firmware with 13.21.  Not sure why.

My software versions are

MAIN 13.21 / GPS 6.60 / WiFi 4.01  / CIQ 3.3.6 / BMX 9.0.2 / WHR 9.00.02 / ANT, BLE, BT 6.15 / Sensor Hub 20.06 / Modem 1.41

• I'm on 13.21 for normal run easy / long  instant pace was good but everytime doing work out like interval pace was way off from what you feel ( by 1.30 - 2.00 min/mi ) 

• Yes, you're right. When I do shorter intervals like strides, it is pretty bad still.

• yes even I run 800 M or more on FW13.21  problem still

I took this picture from last workout screen only show 8:35 - 9:30 

but end up in Garmin Connect I run 7:xx all the laps