Are the Fenix 7 new features coming to the 945LTE?

I'm hoping to see all the new features come to the 945LTE as it has the Elevate 4 sensor and I imagine similar or same processor.

• I think they will release a 955LTE and a Fenix7LTE like they did after the 945. I can't imagine a 955 having something the F7 doesn't. Garmin will and does put any feature they can think of but the 945 and 935 were plastic Fenix so it will be interesting if the 955 has some new features or hardware we're yet to see. My guess is the 955 will have a 1.4 inch screen with no bezel and maybe AMOLED.

I wouldn't say Forerunner is for semi pro, just runners in general as I wouldn't want to wear a Fenix even just doing easy jogs. 

• i had thought that Fenix 7 would have come with an LTE option but in the end, they didn't include it. in hindsight, they may feel there is less of a market for LTE for their adventure series because people who are out hiking and backpacking won't have LTE signal a lot of the time. anyway, that's pure speculation. i have not activated LTE on my 945LTE because where i would want to use it (backpacking and hiking), there is rarely LTE service. but that's just my speculation.

further, i speculate the 955 will potentially include the touch screen and solar and a 1.3" screen with the 47" diameter face, much like the Fenix 7. but again, just my speculation.

• Looks like an error where it was supposed to be the 945 LTE. The product number they put up was 010-02383-42 and the base 010-02383 designation is for the 945 LTE. Australia has been without an LTE model until now.

• While smaller bezels and OLED would be welcome, I'd bet against Garmin introducing a new panel for the Forerunner 955. They'll most likely reuse the 1.2" 240x240 MIP display type, new in 2017 and found in the Fenix 5/935, since the Fenix 7S didn't see an update. A premium 955 with an OLED upgrade would be an instant buy for me, but again, only the 1.3" size tier above the FR9XX got OLED in the Epix, so I doubt they'll make a new 1.3" OLED display assembly with smaller bezels specifically for the 955, though I hope I'm proven wrong.

That said, OLED is the future for Garmin and the Epix should become relatively successful, keeping its high cost in mind, and that should tell Garmin what they need to know about customer preferences.

• interesting thoughts. if they stuck with the 1.2 panel, they would likely keep the 44.5mm body of the 945LTE. if they returned to the 47mm body of the 945/Fenxi6/Fejix7, then i would think they would go with the same 1.3" screen found on the Fenix7

• If the 955 is 47mm I'm sticking with 945LTE 47mm looks like a tuna can and I have 7.3" wrists 

• ha! i think, as i've seen on reddit, "Fit" is in the eye of the beholder. i wore my 47mm 935 for 4+ years and i felt it was on the edge of appropriate sizing (ie, it was a hair big, but i wanted the feature set).  the 945LTE, with it's 2.5mm reduction looks better on my wrist. my wrist, for comparison to you is only 6.8". beyond the screen size itself, the size of the lugs also play a role in how they look on one's wrist.

as much as i like the 44.5mm watch, i wouldn't hesitate to step back up to a 47mm watch if the feature set were right on a future model. 

• Big watches are like shoes that are too big, looks clownish. I wore my 47mm 935 and 945 but didn't realize how big they were until I got my 745. 

Better be a good feature set, I was willing to do it for maps, altimeter and Garmin Pay over the 245 but that was too small for me especially with the 20mm band. 

The bezel also plays a roll, bigger bezel makes the watch look smaller. Diver watches have bigger bezels than dress watches. A 44mm dress will look bigger than a 44mm diver.

40-44mm is the sweet spot. 47 looks too big on anyone. Foo King dinner plates. 

• again, i agree. i think a 47mm with a 1.3" screen would look much better than the 1.2" screen on the 945/935. i think part of the reason the 945LTE looks better on my wrist is not only the physical drop of 2.5mm, but the fact as you suggested that the bezel is now smaller.

we'll see what Garmin does next...