Are the Fenix 7 new features coming to the 945LTE?

I'm hoping to see all the new features come to the 945LTE as it has the Elevate 4 sensor and I imagine similar or same processor.

• I have a sneaky feeling they'll be saved for a 955 IMHO

• Very likely.  Yes, they share the same hardware. Fenix has the touch screen however it can operate with it off, button only so all apps can function on the LTE. I don't think you will see them in the next 5.x update but look to see then sneak in at 6.x. 

• Does the regular 7 & Epix(the models without the dual band gps) use the same gps chip as the 945 LTE? 

• Stamina feature will be cool on the 945LTE Smiley. No firmware update since a long time, its the poor kid of the garmin update Face palm tone1‍♂️

• Stamina feature can fit on our 945LTE i guess. The Fenix 6 have regular updates but nothing significant here 

• The 645 had older sensor but the 945lte has latest gen so I would hope so

• My personal hope is a yes and that the lack of updates were to not show their hand (and likely an effect of diverting resource to the upcoming watches).

My fear is that we won’t get anything meaningful and the 945 LTE truly becomes a forgotten and ignored watch.

At a minimum I wish I felt the minor but annoying issues were looked at:

Smartwatch mode seems lucky to get 7-8 days of battery (nowhere near 14).  Estimated days left consistently wrong by nearly a factor of 2.

Power save options seem limited and don’t match the manual (last I checked).

Goofy things like Alarm sorting in the UI that just feel wrong and unpolished (sorted by when created vs time).

• No. GPS chip on 945 lte is from sony and on  fenix 7 and epix is from mediatek

• from dcrainmaker review: 

Finally, those of you with Fenix 6 series watches are getting many, but not all, of the new software features in “an upcoming update”. Many of these were actually released over the weekend, but some are still outstanding. The specific list of features coming to the Fenix 6 series devices is:

– SkiView Ski maps (with the new resort/runs/XC ski trails features)
    – Health Snapshot (including HRV data)
    – Run/Walk/Stand Detection (in a workout)
    – HIIT 2.0 Activity profiles and Workouts
    – Better PulseOx error handling and spot checks
    – New Activity Profiles: Adventure Race, Wind Surfing, Kite Surfing, Tennis, Pickleball, Padel, Snowshoe
    – New Bike Profiles: eBike, eMTB, Road, Mountain, Indoor, Gravel, Cyclocross, Commute, Tour

Notably missing from that list is the new Stamina and Up Ahead features. Both of which I’d imagine could easily run just fine on Fenix 6 hardware, so it’s a shame to see those not being added. I suppose on the bright side, Garmin does seem to slowly be getting better about adding features to older watches. Baby steps…I guess.

on my side, wifi maps, settings from phone and up ahead would be awesome. but I doubt they add it.

• A lot of the features listed above are already on the 945LTE being health snapshot and HIIT 2.0. I don’t care about a lot of the profiles. 

the only features I really want to come over are the stamina, run/walk/stand and the new graphical data fields and post activity UI. 

making changes to data fields from connect is nice but not super necessary. The hidden feature I think many people don’t use is copy activity. I use this for my different workouts so I have a LR, Speedwork and EZ Run with each having their own custom data fields. This allows me not to have to make changes very often.