Bugs in 4.16 :/

So, I saw these issues in the 4.07 beta, but I was hoping at least some of them would be fixed in the production release.

- Cannot Pan/Zoom map page during a paused run activity (after the activity has been started). Around Me and Save Location are also missing from the menu. This seems to really limit the usefulness of the map page. (This is not during navigation, if it makes a difference.) All of these options are available while the activity is unpaused.

- Connect IQ data field apps always believe the background color is white, even if it's actually black. (This causes all the text in Stryd Power Zones to be invisible, because it's also black): https://forums.garmin.com/developer/connect-iq/f/discussion/277505/datafield-getbackgroundcolor-returns-color_white-when-background-is-black-945-lte

- Strength app doesn't remember weight from previous set. (The weight is always reset to zero, which means that you have to edit every set.)

- Stopwatch time and laps are invisible after starting stopwatch, pressing UP (for options), selecting Go to Watchface, then returning to the stopwatch. (The time reappears when you pause the stopwatch, but disappears when you restart it. Apparently, the only way to get the time and laps to display again (while the stopwatch is running) is to reset the stopwatch.

On a more positive note, at least the bug has been fixed where CIQ data fields crash and restart when you return to the watchface during an activity.

• Also:

- Watch crashes after you try to add a new built-in watchface after deleting one of the existing built-in watchfaces.

When I try this, it shows me a CIQ watchface and offers to let me customize it (as if it were a built in one.)

At this point, if I try to customize the watchface (e.g. by pressing START, UP, DOWN ,etc.) the watchface crashes briefly. After the device recovers, I'm shown the built-in watchface that I just chose, but I'm unable to customize it or select it again from the list -- the default page shown is "Add New". And if I scroll through the list, the current watchface is not present. (This also means that if I switch to another watchface, the new one I just added becomes inaccessible.)

It's almost as if the watch has a limit on built-in watchfaces which is one less than the number it shipped with.

This seems akin to all the weird activity profile bugs in 935 where you'd have phantom activities that either couldn't be added or deleted. (e.g. "Other' would get into a state when you couldn't select it. Custom activities created from "Other" or duplicated from built-in profiles would get into a state where you couldn't delete them.)

• Did you report those bugs via the the beta to [email protected] ?
    If your device is crashing I would at least try a reset.

• No, I didn't get a chance to. I've only been on the beta for a short while - some of these bugs were initially noticed on 3.07. The only bug I reported was the CIQ bug (in the CIQ bug reports forum).

I guess I had naively assumed at least some of them would've been reported or fixed already (in the then-upcoming production version), because they seem pretty blatant. Even though I've been through all of this before with the 935 :(.

I mean sorry, but not only did we all pay a lot of money for this device but we're also expected to be beta testers and QA engineers? I cannot believe Garmin's own QA didn't catch any of those issues.

TBH I only downloaded the beta to see if it would fix the bug where returning to the watch face during an activity would crash CIQ data fields, and it did.

If your device is crashing I would at least try a reset.

It crashes consistently when I add a built-in watchface as noted above. Perhaps a reset would fix it but I don't want to set everything up again, resync music, etc.

Like it's clearly a bug. I didn't do anything more complicated than:

- Add a few CIQ watchfaces

- Delete one built-in digital watchface (which I regretted instantly, as I'm aware that you can't get it back without manually recreating it or resetting.)

- Attempt to add a built-in watchface and customize it

But I can easily avoid the bug by not adding a built-in watchface. (e.g. I just customize one of the ones that I still have.)

• I dont have an option to update this firmware in connect or explore, is there any way to download abdnd install somehow this new firmware. Beta update installee without any problems, since there was a link for it and no problems.

• I think it's only 20% rolled out, as per the stickied posts, so might have to wait a while.

(I think the goal for staggered rollouts is to avoid being inundated with support requests if something goes terribly wrong.)

• - Cannot Pan/Zoom map page during a paused run activity (after the activity has been started). Around Me and Save Location are also missing from the menu. This seems to really limit the usefulness of the map page. (This is not during navigation, if it makes a difference.) All of these options are available while the activity is unpaused.

Further info: this does not happen when following a course. So it's only a problem when you add the map as data page and you are not following a course.

• Can you share the .gcd file please? I still din't get it