This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Triathlon transitions

In triathlon mode, I can start the swim, change to transition 1, then change to the bike and then I’m stuck at the bike leg.  It will not let me go to transition 2.  The button does nothing.  I can pause and stop the activity, but cannot get to the third activity.  I tried changing activities and moving them around.  No dice.  Anyone having similar problems?

• I started running into this same problem today. I don’t know how to fix it. My issue is the watch gets stuck on bike and the button won’t let me end the bike portion to move to transition. 

• I had to probs with the pervious firmware 3.x for a Half IM.  Just tried it on the couch with 10 second sections, no probs.

• I believe this might be a new feature, where the watch locks the lap button after sport change to avoid accidental transition. Here's a quote from a Instinct 2 review:

"Further, you can have the device auto-lock after each sport profile change. To change sports you’ll press the lap button, but only after unlocking it."

Perhaps the 945LTE has a similar feature.

•  The issue is a bug in the watch CIQ, the exitTo() function is not working. I see this error in my Transitions+ for example from f3b RunSafe+ to f3b Elliptical.  The watch just exits.  The same transition works in the standard FR945.

Connect IQ

• Perhaps the 945LTE has a similar feature.

I can't check on the 945 LTE but on the Instinct 2 in the settings for triathlon there is a setting after Transitions - Lock Device. Perhaps check for this on the 945 LTE.

• The 945 does have the ability to add a lock to a specific discipline which is disabled by holding down any key during that discipline. I’ve tried locking/unlocking, disabling the lock but I still can’t get past the bike discipline

• All,

We believe that we have a fix for this report that will be rolling out with the next software release for this device. While I do not have a timeline currently for this software release, I will be updating this thread as information is made available. Thank you for your patience while we work toward a resolution for this report.

• I have the same issue in triathlon mode not being able to get from the bike to transition, tried everything and Yesterday was my 3rd race it didn’t work. As this is a watch specifically advised for tri athletes you would expect that function would work. If I know read it’s known and I have to wait until the next fix without a timeline, it should be on top of the priority and a fix should be send yesterday. I got another race coming up and like to know when it’s fixed.

• I called customer service and they sent me another watch free of charge. It’s working on the new watch thus far. 

• Fix: Make sure that "Lap Key" is enabled in all sports that you include in your multisport activity.

I was having the same issue on my 955 where I could start the swim, transition to T1, and transition to the bike, but then I was stuck. I called customer support (thank you Brian) and found that I needed to have the lap key enabled on all sports. The error wasn't in the triathlon activity but in the native Bike activity that was being pulled into my created triathlon multisport activity. I enabled the bike lap key and then was immediately able to go through all of my normal transitions. I was told that this was a known bug that was being patched but hopefully this can help others until then