new firmware for 945lte

Does anyone have any idea when a firmware update will come to the 945LTE. I feel like it will come when Garmin releases the Fenix 7 or other Forerunners which will have new features that they are holing out releasing on the 945LTE.

I feel like the 945LTE was released too soon and not inline with other watches so it is not getting the updates necessary to make it the watch it can and should be.

• Yes, a support rep that I’ve been dealing with.

• I was told early October as well from garmin support. 

• Thats interesting as there have been 3 recent FCC applications for watches that likely will be released around that time.  Hopefully that will bring some new features to the 945LTE.

• I couldn't care less about new features. The watch is so bugged that according to EU law every single unit may be returned under "non-compliance of the goods with the description" - warranty. They should release a big fat sorry for us all together with a nice functioning FIX.

• i agree. the feature set is great the way its advertised. i hope they are focusing on the numerous bugs that are there. i have several help tickets in that i hope are addressed in the new firmware that will hopefully arrive not too long from now.

that being said, the watch has worked ok for my most of my needs thus far. this reminds me of being on the bleeding edge 4+ years ago with my 935. i eventually found a firmware (13.30) that was stable and stuck to it as subsequent generations created new bugs/problems.

• I've given up on the 945LTE. I've posted about a number of bugs on this forum and have submitted nearly a dozen of them to Garmin. While a new firmware might fix some of the issues, I just can't justify the cost of this watch with the poorly implemented software.

As I've stated elsewhere, I'm confused as to how so many UI issues can exist within a product that should be a near identical copy of the (somewhat) perfectly functioning 945. Especially when Garmin is selling this on the same page as the 945.

There are some things to like about the 945LTE. The new interval features are great (why aren't these on the 945 yet?). And the LTE thing is okay (but very far from perfect at this point - why can't we two-way message?). And the size is spot on (this is the main reason I upgraded from the original 945). But the poorly executed launch of the firmware is a big miss.

I've now returned the unit and am happy to have my 945 back on the wrist, big bezels and all. Unfortunately, I have to assume Garmin is too busy with the Fenix 7 at the moment to devote enough attention to this "orphan" model. Perhaps they'll get their act together for the 955.

• I totally agree with you Duffman19. E.G. The graphical heart rate in an activity looks like no one ever tested it. I sent a picture of that when the last firmware was still in beta. These little things: It is ugly and just makes me doubt the rest. I am currently totally drawn between the Suunto 9 Peak and the Forerunner 945 LTE. Both are in need of some serious firmware updates. Would love to switch to something else entirely. Do you have any ideas? My briefing: I am looking for accuracy and that the things implemented just work as advertised.

• What is even more frustrating is they just released beta firmware upgrades for the Fenix, MARQ, Enduro and Venu 2 series.

The Venu 2 series which was also released this year and has the same HR sensors and likely processors of the 945LTE received both added watch faces, features and stability improvements.

I know I have heard from DCR and even when you call support the teams are product family separated so the Fenix and Venu team are fixing bugs on current watches but the Forerunner team are maybe busy on possible future releases of watches which may bring a bigger upgrade once the x55 watches release.

• Haha, pleffe! I see we are talking to each other on two different forums. I am with you - I want accuracy first, and agree that the little things will get worked out. In my case, I already have an original 945 that I can rely on for accurate data, especially distance. So the minor upgrade I would have had from the 945LTE couldn't be justified in the end.

As I mentioned on the Suunto forum, I'm trying to like the 9 Peak, but am struggling to get the accuracy I'd like out of it. It might just be me, though, as most reviewers seem to praise the S9P's GPS accuracy. Who knows. I'd love to have a smaller watch the just spits out reliable HR and GPS. The rest of the features I could take or leave. For now, though, it looks like the big old 945 will do.

• get a stryd pod for accurate distance.  I have loved running with power.