This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

GPS

Hello,

My Garmin 745 seems to be unable to connect to satellites as part of tracker exercise. 

Its basically brand new and has only been used for a few weeks. When I got to the exercise the bar stays red and doesn't move however long I wait. I've tried one of the other suggestions of turning off and on, syncing, deleting the "RemoteSW" folder, syncing etc.

Anybody else having the same issue? Or know what I can do? 

Thanks,

Sam

Top Replies

All Replies

• I have also tried a factory reset and now I cannot sync the watch to my phone, nor complete the reset without as it can find time information from GPS as it cannot connect. 

• Same issue here, wanted to go for a run today but my gps signal couldnt connect no matter how much i waited, went for a run anyway hoping for it would connect after a while, it didnt.

I tried almost everything i could find on the internet, reset, sync with phone/wifi/express, reset default settings, deleting the RemoteSW folder, garmindevice.xml, device.fit, soaking outdoors while running an activity, nothing really worked for me. Also my GPS version number is 0.00 and CPE: Missing.

Im hoping that its a software bug and it would resolve in time.

• Hello, if you go to menu, system, about and scroll down to GPS, can you attach a picture of what you see on that screen please?

• I know i wasn't the one asking the question but since i have the same problem i might as well take a pic, hope we can figure out something.

• Hi, I have same problem, GPS working fine and then fail to connect on the next run. Same system set up as above with GPS 0.00. Software version 5.20, if that helps.

• Hi, I have the same problem. GPS was working fine until Sunday, 6/20, problems acquiring satellites for at least 5 minutes on Monday, 6/21, and Wednesday, 6/23, and today (6/24), I am not having any luck at all (goes into power saving mode before acquiring anything). All activities outdoors, Forerunner 745, GPS 0.00, Software version 5.20, but my CPE status is Current.

• I contact garmin service, and told me to send watch back to see what is the problem. Gps problem start after update 5.20

• Hi. I have the same problem. Forerunner 745 on 5.20 and no luck with the GPS no matter what I do. Tried about every solution posted. 
    GPS: 0.00 CPE: Missing. 

Hope someone finds a solution to this annoying inconvenience. 

• When i get my watch back from garmin servis I report here what is going on with that gps problems

• I contacted Garmin Service via Chat on 6/26, and Sean spent a good amount of time walking me through the troubleshooting routine, concluding that GPS 0.00 is the problem (or at least the indication of the problem), and my watch didn't take any of the update attempts we tried. He concluded that it will need to be exchanged under warranty.