This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Beta Forerunner 745 SW 3.09

Download

Notes:

• For any issues that you encounter please fill out the form included in the download and attach it to an email to [email protected]. Please note that you may not get a response to the email unless we need more information on the issue you report.
  • Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.

Changes made from version 3.00 to 3.09:

• Fix some ANT sensor connection issues.
  • Fix some bugs in Pool Swimming activities.
  • Various other improvements and bug fixes.

Installation Instructions

1. Connect your Forerunner 745 to your computer using the USB cable.
  2. Download and unzip Forerunner745_309Beta.zip. Place the GUPDATE.GCD file in the \GARMIN folder of your device's internal storage drive.
  3. From the RemoteSW folder in the unzipped download, copy the GUP3590.GCD into the \GARMIN\RemoteSW folder on your device.
  4. Disconnect your device from the computer, approve the update on the watch, and wait for the update to finish.
  5. If you would like to revert to the last public release software, place the GUPDATE-300.GCD file in the \GARMIN folder. Rename GUPDATE-300.GCD to GUPDATE.GCD before disconnecting your device. NOTE: If you revert to an older version of software, all of your settings will be reset to defaults.
  6. To downgrade your peripheral software, place the GUP3590-201.GCD from the RemoteSW\Downgrades folder into your device's \GARMIN\RemoteSW folder.
  • Hi Daniel, I was able to use a chest strap for the stress widget. While I didn't have a Polar H10 to use, I did have an HRM-Pro, and an HRM-Run and both of them seemed to pull data through. My watch is on software version 3.10 at this point for reference. 

Regarding the implications, I know what assuming does and I don't want to do that so I have a few questions for you:

• Do you where the chest strap all day or just during workouts?

If you are wearing the strap all day then the implications would be fairly drastic, obviously that would imply you aren't getting that data at any point during the day. However if you are just wearing the strap for workouts and then using the optical sensor for daily wear (as we would recommend for non-activity) then the implications would be almost none save the 5 minutes or so that you are still wearing the chest-strap post workout. 

This is what my stress details page looks like for yesterday. I wore the same HRM-Pro for my workout last night that I used for that test this morning. You can also see that didn't effect my body battery's detection as during my workout my body battery depletion accelerated rather dramatically. 

How that happens, I would imagine that the HRV data is probably stored in the workout file for compatible devices and that's where it is pulling the data for body battery, my guess is it happens in the background and isn't visible. 

I hope that helps, I'd also be curious to see are you on 3.10 software as well and if you don't mind I wouldn't  mind grabbing a video of exactly what you are doing just so I can:

a.) Double check to just make sure I tested the exact same thing that you did. I believe I did but you know how I feel about assuming.

b.) If we did the exact same test, I can find out if there is anything I can do to help, if we didn't do the same test, then I will redo my test. 

If you can feel free to DM that video to me, if you can not then I'll send you a direct message that you can reply to. 

• not 100% related, but 3.10 is not available yet.

• I have also tried to measure stress with Polar H10 and here are my results:

- when I enable wrist HR sensor it always gets data from it

- when I disable wrist HR watch is able to read HR from strap and show it in the widget (not sure whether it would be still reading it even after I closed a widget), but stress tracking is completely disabled for me in case I disable wrist HR

• Hi ,

Just wanted to check on a small point around some of the activity stats. Currently, when I do an activity I'm not getting the estimated sweat loss as I did on my previous device (vivoactive 4). Is this expected, or something that will be fixed in a new firmware update?

On 3.09, running it for a few days now and noticed no issues. Everything functioning well and as expected. Might even be a light improvement to battery life in smartwatch mode, currently running at about 0.4-0.5%/h from what I can tell.

Thanks.

• Anyone else having this issue pop over to https://forums.garmin.com/sports-fitness/running-multisport/f/forerunner-745/241782/estimated-sweat-loss-and-nutrition-hydration-for-forerunner-745?ReplySortBy=CreatedDate&ReplySortOrder=Descending, and @me and I will get you added on to our open ticket to this, I will provide updates there as available.