This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Beta Forerunner 745 SW 3.09

Download

Notes:

• For any issues that you encounter please fill out the form included in the download and attach it to an email to [email protected]. Please note that you may not get a response to the email unless we need more information on the issue you report.
  • Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.

Changes made from version 3.00 to 3.09:

• Fix some ANT sensor connection issues.
  • Fix some bugs in Pool Swimming activities.
  • Various other improvements and bug fixes.

Installation Instructions

1. Connect your Forerunner 745 to your computer using the USB cable.
  2. Download and unzip Forerunner745_309Beta.zip. Place the GUPDATE.GCD file in the \GARMIN folder of your device's internal storage drive.
  3. From the RemoteSW folder in the unzipped download, copy the GUP3590.GCD into the \GARMIN\RemoteSW folder on your device.
  4. Disconnect your device from the computer, approve the update on the watch, and wait for the update to finish.
  5. If you would like to revert to the last public release software, place the GUPDATE-300.GCD file in the \GARMIN folder. Rename GUPDATE-300.GCD to GUPDATE.GCD before disconnecting your device. NOTE: If you revert to an older version of software, all of your settings will be reset to defaults.
  6. To downgrade your peripheral software, place the GUP3590-201.GCD from the RemoteSW\Downgrades folder into your device's \GARMIN\RemoteSW folder.
  • Garmin Blake, is the sleep widget in this beta firmware update?

• :/ no sleep widget again - really ? 

• I did not found it .

• Tried a scheduled running workout with target paces - The watch crashed and restarted - training was gone :/ is this a known bug ? is this fixed with this beta ? 

• yes because its not included ...

• just for clarification - i am on 3.0 still - as i dont want to use any beta unless it has the sleep widget included - after tha watch restarts today it seems it also *** up my stress score - on the watch the stress score is 41 - on the app its 20 - it seems it started from scratch after the reboot - on the the app the score also inlcudes the sleep time and the time before the crash 

• Thanks a lot for Beta. I have installed immediately after a release and it is working nicely (it is worth noting that I haven't had any issues with 3.0.0 FW). I have a feeling that standby battery life is improved, but I have no numbers to back this theory up.

Also, it seems that bouldering and indoor climbing was added in this beta. Thanks a lot for that. I really appreciate this addition!

• Hello Vaya, 

That is the first I have heard of that. I run with created workouts that I create myself every day, and I use cycling workouts from one of our cycling training plans 4 days a week and haven't encountered that myself in a long time, (for me it was way back in one of the earliest versions of software. I will reach out to you privately for more information. 

• Hi Garmin-Brooks.  The Stress widget on does not seem to read from my chest strap (Polar H10).

I know it is connected as the HRV stress test works and so does the Breath App, but the stress widget does not read from my strap even after sitting and resting after a workout.  It just tells me to keep still and always fails saying there is too much movement..   I have tried this after several activities and it has never worked.  After I take the chest strap off it seems to work fine. 

Should the chest strap give me the most accurate data?  What is going on here?  Does this have other implications for metrics like the body battery?