This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

745 vs. Fenix 6s pro

Hello everybody. I actually wanted to order the Fenix 6s pro. Now Garmin has brought out the 745 and I am a little insecure. 

What do you think? In terms of price the two models are almost identical on the market at the moment!

Do any of you have any advantages or disadvantages that could be decisive?

Thanks

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 3 years ago

Build quality 6s (even if I like the plastic feeling on my 745), pretty much only thing missing is maps/ a little bigger battery on Fenix/ golf activities Stuck out tongue

I got the 745 2 days ago perfect size perfect fit didn’t regret at all.

• I returned the 745. To many smaller functions not there. For instance no power management. Lower battery life than F6s. Also not as nice clock displays. And then of course the bulls quality. The F6s is much nicer (I have the F6s sapphire DLC).

So to me in direct comparison, the 745 is quite a downgrade. You may have a better fit with 745 since it noticable lighter. But it's not by much, so you may also not notice.

• Are the bracelet lengths identical?

• Nope - the ones on 745 are slightly longer.

• Does anyone have a 745/F6S lug to lug comparison?

• The 745 is probably 0.5mm shorter.  When I use it with the F6s bike mount, it is just slightly loose, although good enough I'm not too worried about it coming out.  My wife's F6s is nice and snug in the mount, where it's actually hard to pop out.

First thing I did was replace the strap with a QuickFit band.  Not sure why Garmin hasn't gone to QuickFit bands for the Forerunners out of the box.  

Build quality wise, I find the plastic of the FR745 every bit as good as the metal of the Fenix, just a different material.  Not like the plastic is going to brake short of taking a sledge hammer to it.  So I doubt there is a durability issue.  But a lot of people seem to think the metal "looks" more durable.

So it all comes to personal preference on looks and if the extra features like maps are important to you.

• Thanks for your feedback. So far I only know the 245, is the quality and material identical?

• So, I now have both models here. I am surprised that the 745 fits better on the wrist than the 6s. The 6s is simply thicker, even though it is minimal. The bracelet is longer on the 745. I am amazed. Actually I wanted to keep the 6s pro, but because of the wearing comfort I think my choice really falls back on the 745.

Also the processing (Lunette) one does not notice the difference as much as I thought. Well, now comes the choice of the agony. A mature 6s incl. good firmware or a 745 as beta tester for the next months. Really not easy, even if I would miss the cards.

• I went from Fenix 5 to 945 and now the 745. I love my 745.  It has thinner bezel.  Good battery life.