This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

PacePro for FR 645/645M?

1. I just saw in another topic that Garmin confirmed  PacePro comming for FR 945 (OK no problem) and for FR 245/245M and AGAIN Garmin is putting 645/645M at trash as 245/245M is cheaper and is getting all new features and 645 dont

Top Replies

All Replies

• Maybe you need to update your Garmin connect. I have it there since last week...

• Yeah I know but did you tryed to use it? It says that FR 645 Music is not compatible and Garmin did not announce that this feature will come to 645, but announced for 245 and 945.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago
    AGAIN Garmin is putting 645/645M at trash as 245/245M is cheaper and is getting all new features and 645 dont

Where is this "rule" or "law" that Garmin can't add features to one of their newer devices just because an older device cost more?  If it isn't being added, use the product suggestion website and request it, or write Garmin's corporate office and ask them why.  Maybe you'll get a response instead of personal opinions; such as "putting 645/645M at trash", that you'll only get here.

• I respect your opinion, but it sounds a little bit strange that if you go now to Garmin's website and see the running watches that they sell you will see clearly that there's a sequence (numbers and price), so I think that 99% of people that access their website and see that FR 45 is cheaper than FR 245 that its cheaper than 645 that is cheaper than 945 will think "Well if they have progressive numbers and progressive prices so they should have more features to justify the higher price"... People won't know that one was released in 2018 and the other in 2019... And PacePro does not depend from the new HR monitor 2.0... So if what you say is "correct" they should lower the 645 price and increase the 245 price... So more features > price... Well that's only my opinion... Anyway thank you for your opinion and suggestions to this discussion.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to DrGabrielSilva
    "Well if they have progressive numbers and progressive prices so they should have more features to justify the higher price"

They do.  Here's the product comparison of the 645 and 245.  Even with the addition of PacePro, the 645 has more features.  And some of those features the 645 has that the 245 doesn't cost more for the hardware needed, hence the price difference.

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/catalog/product/compareResult.ep?compareProduct=591311&compareProduct=628939

• Where do you see PacePro on GC?

Tx

• Go to More > Training > PacePro Strategy

• Well, 645 should have been named a 635, since it is in reality a sibling to 235 and 935 (with music), where the 245 and 945 are of the new generation. I have both 245 and 645 and it’s the 645 that sits on the shelf. 

Wouldn’t expect anything new to 645 if it’s not coming to 935 - which is not going to happen.

• Now I know why the 645 was being given away on the 30 year anniversary sale!  I didn't think Garmin were that sort of company.. but money talks and obviously the 645 was being dumped but they didn't have the courtesy to warn you.