This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

PacePro for FR 645/645M?

1. I just saw in another topic that Garmin confirmed  PacePro comming for FR 945 (OK no problem) and for FR 245/245M and AGAIN Garmin is putting 645/645M at trash as 245/245M is cheaper and is getting all new features and 645 dont

Top Replies

All Replies

• Can't imagine new features coming as would expect the replacement watch (655?) at the start of next year. If you need proof, then Argos in Ireland is selling the 645M for €120 less than I paid for the non-music version. It's £200 in the UK & €230 in Ireland. 

• It's getting worse.. Sport Pursuit is selling it for £174 !  I am so disappointed with Garmin.

• I don’t know if I get F6 or wait more 3-4 months for new  features on FR655...

• I'm surprised you are even considering being the beta tester for yet another new platform given all the issues we've had with the 645. 

I eventually gave up, got a refund, and went backwards to a 935 and could not be happier.

It is rock slid, the battery lasts forever, and I don't miss all of the fluffy features.

• I'm also waiting for my expensive 645M to be updated, so I can use PacePro Garmin!

• Yes, please add PacePro to 645M!

• You'll likely never see PacePro on the 645, though you can still use it in Garmin Connect to plan your race, then create a workout using the distances and pace targets. It's not as convenient, but it's not bad to do occasionally for shorter races. I've used it with great success for PRs on rolling 8K and 10K courses.

• Hi @Roedema,

Thanks for the suggestion... it's a pretty cunning solution!

I suspect you are correct about never seeing PacePro on an FR645.. I think my biggest disappointment was that I got my FR645 as part of the 30 year anniversary deal.. 30% off for 30 hours.  Don't get me wrong.. it was a great deal, but I feel a little "used" as Garmin "dumped" an end of line, "hobbled" watch on me when if I'd known more, I've have gotten the FR245.  Next time, I'll be wary of Garmin deals.

• I don't see how you were 'used'.  You took advantage of an offer for old stock clearance. Why else would they offer such a big reduction? It's still a great watch though and still has features missing in the 245. It's even better at the price you paid and it has a lot more features than it did when it was launched for people paying twice as much.

BTW the 645 is not really a sibling of the 935/235 because it has more up-to-date internal hardware than those but it's true it's not as modern and as the 245/945. 

E.g. PacePro would be of limited use on a 245 as this watch lacks the altimeter present on the 645 and 945. Also, if you're at a level of running where PacePro is important, then the entry-level running watch probably isn't the right choice. 

• Hi George, 

The big reduction was sold as "something special" for a "special occasion" (remember the 30th Anniversary, 30% off for 30 hours" deal? If they'd sold it as "end of line" or "stock clearance", then I'd have know why and may have waited for the new releases. Obviously getting a good deal should have been enough, but my point is that it wasn't the "special deal" they implied.  I'm just saying, I felt misled.  Can't argue it's not a great watch though!