This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Constantly dropping connection with phone

Hi all - 645M is constantly dropping Bluetooth connection with Samsung Note 8 - had a 235 and it was great, rarely dropped - any hints/ tips/ settings on either phone or watch that might improve matters? Thanks, LS
  • Former Member
    +1 Former Member over 6 years ago
    We continue to work to improve the Bluetooth reliability of all of our fitness wearables, and this is the case with the Forerunner 645 as well.

We would recommend some of the suggestions in thisFAQ link to help troubleshoot your Bluetooth connection. If these suggestions don't work, please feel free to reach out to our Product Support team. We would like to get more information from you (more phone specifics and App Diagnostics/Sync Logs). This will allow us to investigate this further.
  • Same here. Upgraded from the 235 and now using the 645M with Note 8 and it seems the 2 are rarely connected. Never had any such problems with the 235. Constantly missing messages as I'd come to rely on it a little too much.
  • A number of us are having the same issue, and not just with Android phones but also with Apple phones. There are a couple of other posts on it. I've also raised a support ticket and would recommend others do as well. I did not experience these issues with my Garmin VAHR which I upgraded from.
  • Have a same issue. Early I had FR 235 and sync worked perfect with Samsung Galaxy A5 2017. With 645 Music sync fails everytime. I can't sync any activity. I have to turn off bluetooth on phone and watch and sync via Wi-Fi. And additional today I got battery drain - lost 40% from last 3 hours. I think it related with sync issues. Nothing actions from FAQ no help. Tried everything. Please help.
  • Gleiche Problem mit dem Galaxy s8
  • I have the same constantly dropping Bluetooth connection issue with my Huawei Honor 8. Even though the phone and watch are right next to each other the watch does not connect. But when I restart the watch it establishes connection right away.
  • Yep, my wife has the same issue with her Samsung Galaxy S8. It does reconnect fast though, when back in range. It just seems like the connection distance is only about 2 meters.

She too had a FR235 before and didn't have these issues We will wait for one or two updates and if the issue is not resolved, we will exchange it.

Edit: she has the base version, not the music one.
  • Seeing a lot of lost connections with iPhone 8 and FR645M, and it doesn't reconnect. The troubleshooting tips in the FAQ fixes the connection temporarily, but doesn't prevent it from happening again. And restarting both phone and watch daily just sucks.
  • yup, bluetooth (with iPhone x) is spotty at best works sometimes then disconnects doesnt work till reboot and wifi doesnt work at all.
  • Same issues here. Iphone 8 with FR645 Music and I lose bluetooth connection multiple times a day and have to restart. So annoying. My FR235 was rock solid and was connected to my iphone 8, 99.99% of the time. I understand being a "newer" watch, but it has now been out for a few months. This issue is a major concern and frustration point among many users. Why in the last 3 updates has this not been addressed???