This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Constantly dropping connection with phone

Hi all - 645M is constantly dropping Bluetooth connection with Samsung Note 8 - had a 235 and it was great, rarely dropped - any hints/ tips/ settings on either phone or watch that might improve matters? Thanks, LS
  • #GARMIN, WHY IS THIS #PROBLEM STILL NOT FIXED? Even after many years of complains from a lot of Garmin Forerunner users we still have problems that Garmin loses Garmin Connect connection. In my case my expensive Garmin Forerunner 945 loses connection now for at least for 7th time this year.  Then the green dot is gone. Not to mention that Bluetooth on my Phone is still on.

Its really a pain and very very frustrating! I purchased my Forerunner last year November, Phone One Plus 6T Android 9.x, upgraded multiple times, now Oxigen 10.3.7. Not a OS version problem as problems occurred right from the start when phone was still on 9.x adn came back in multiple versions in between. Most happens at night during phone silent mode.

Then I have to forget device everywhere, reconnect. And then configure Garmin Pay again which is a difficult process in The Netherlands, as we don’t use credit cards here a lot. #Garmin please make this work stable, its #crap now. This situation will holding me back purchasing the next new Phoenix, as I love the functionality, but hate the instability of the connection with Garmin Connect.

• I agree. Keeps disconnecting and cannot connect again.

• Very frustrating indeed. After more then an hour messing around it works again, This huge stabiity problem and Garmin should fix this immediately!
    This is what I did to fix, best practice from my experience: 1. remove Forerunner from Garmin Connect, 2. Forget Garmin Connect in Bluetooth (also look in previous connected devices), 3. reboot the Phone AND Forerunner, 4. Set Forerunner in Pair Mode, 5 Add device in Garmin Connect (be patent, can take a minute). If it fails, do this procedure again completely. Success!

• It is Normally a problem with the phone and not the device.

I've got 3 Android Phones and it Only Works 100% on One of the 3.

It works partially on the Other 2 but not 100%.

The One that it works 100% is an Old Samsung Grand Prime + Running Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow .

Not All Bluetooth Stacks have the same features.

• Yup this also happening to me on android and fr245. constantly connects and then disconnects. IM seriously loosing my loyalty to Garmin. This issues seems to be ongoing for over 3 years now and Garmin dont seem to have resolved this issue. 

• I have this issue all the time with my 645M and Android Samsung mobile. I can discoonect and forget the watch etc and it will eventually work for a bit but then the connection is lost again. It is so unreliable, I cannot be sure it's going to work at the start of a run. This is key functionality and part of the reason for buying the watch but I will never buy a Garmin again as it seems this long running issue is just ignored by Garmin. Avoid these watches at all costs or expect a lot of frustration and workarounds.

• Strange this is still happening in your case. I thought it was solved more than a year ago. I had this problem also (see my posts before in this thread) but after a major Garmin and/or Android update with bluetooth fixes I do not have this problem anymore with my Garmin Forerunner 945. i can imagine your frustration as I have in same position, its a lot of wordk to get everything configured again, especialy if you are using Garmin Pay.

I hope Garmin will fix this soon for you and possible other users.

• Thanks for the reply. Yes, it's still an issue for me. I tried adjusting power settings so the App is not stopped, but that didn't help. Currently it seems to reconnect if I restart, although that is not 100% working consistently. It's allso pretty annoying to need to do that just to reconnect it.

• If you didn't try/check look at the setting Allow display over other apps for "Connect", see www.youtube.com/watch
    Mine is allowed, also don't "optimise battery" for Connect. But I guess you did that setting already.

Hope you can solve it, as I know the huge frustration from my own experience ;) good luck!
  • Hi

Thanks. It was not set to allow display over other apps, so i have turned that on and will see if that does the trick. 

Much appreciated!