This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Long list of issues/bugs

I've used Forerunner 55 for a week now and here's the list of issues/bugs I've encountered:

If you stop and resume a workout, the timelines in Garmin Connect cut the part the activity was stopped and display it as continuous. This means the timeline doesn't match with other graphs (heart rate, for example):

The middle part (where heart rate is lower) is when the activity was stopped. You can clearly see when the workout actually ended from the heart rate graph.

Battery drained from 60% to 15% in one night. Phone connection was off, no activity was running. There was no sleep data the next day (Garmin Connect said sleep was 'unmeasurable') and body battery and stress level indicators disappeared.

It's been 2 days since and the body battery and stress level indicators are still gone (displayed as "---") although I've been wearing the watch all the time and it did manage to record sleep last night:

The sleep tracking is hopeless. The graphs show I was in deep sleep while I was lying in bed, moving my arms, actively USING the watch and the mobile app etc. They show light sleep when I actually got up from bed and moved around the house for a few minutes. How it fails to detect that, I don't know. The sleep stages seem to be totally random.

• Step counter seems to track pretty much every arm movement (including teeth brushing).

There's probably a good reason for that but I find it unusual – and hard to get used to – that the back button is located on the right side and the up/down buttons on the left side of the watch. Most devices/user interfaces have it the other way around.

There's a glitch in the controls menu (the one you open with a long press of the light button) – if you activate something, the text in the middle does not change – for example: "Phone: Off" still displays "Phone: Off" after I've turned it on. I have to move up and down again in the menu for the text to update:

Every time I make a Bluetooth connection, I get the 'Access Required: Android stopped the advanced music service..." notification both on the phone and the watch.

...and these are just the ones off the top of my head.

I appreciate what this product TRIES to do but everything other than the usual features (timer, GPS, heart rate) seems to be experimental and should be marketed as such.

• Update: the stress and body battery numbers/indicators are now back. I turned the watch off for ~20 minutes, turned it on again and that seems to have done the trick.

• Another update: i've used the FR55 daily for about 2 weeks now and I do enjoy it. The battery drain issue has occured only once, no problems since then. Same with the Stress and Body Battery readings. Body Battery does seem to be too optimistic – I didn't sleep much for a few of days but it still showed I was full of energy. Sleep tracking is hopelessly bad, I have to manually correct it most days. But otherwise I've gotten used to these quirks and I've used and enjoyed all the features (and extra data) much more than I expected to. The mere presence of the watch on my wrist motivates me to be physically more active 24/7, not just go for a run every now and then. So I'll take some of the initial criticism back, thank you.

• A new issue surfaced. Posted about it here: https://forums.garmin.com/apps-software/mobile-apps-web/f/garmin-connect-web/272970/intensity-minutes-do-not-work

Does anyone from Garmin actually read this forum? Should I report bugs somewhere else?