FR255 19.18 Bug - Missing HR during workout activity

Since update to 19.18 my FR255 has been missing HR during the activities. It happens many times during most of the activities, regardless if I have the HR chest strap or not. Today, after more than 10min of struggling with that, I paused the activity, restarted the watch, resumed - and that helped.

As my trainings are mostly based on HR, that bug makes the device useless.

Shame on Garmin. Again.

Screenshot from today's activity. The restart was about 14min from the beginning.

• Not sure if you have resolved your HR issues or not and maybe you have tried the following…. So my issues began end of June with the recent update, last night I did a reset on my activities and it appears to have worked. I now have a HR for indoor activities. It took some time to reorganize activities as well as my watch face, etc… but I am so glad I can now exercise by HR, that is the main purpose of this watch for me. Middle button, scroll down to system, scroll down to reset, chose reset default settings, then reorganize.

• HR chart from my today's run planned as a training in Zone 1 and 2.  would you be so kind as a support guy and tell me if it was good one or bad? (if anyone from Garmin is reading the forum at all...)

Btw, the activity took 32m41s, but here there's only a few minutes. Restarting during the activity and disconnecting/connecting the HRM didn't help. Very disappointing. Disappointing QA, disappointing developers and disappointing customer support.

It took 2 winter seasons to fix the bug in the key winter app "Skiing". Now the key summer app is broken.

But today's it's not only the running app issue - here's the HR chart from today (I wear the watch all the time, including sleep):

On the watch itself I can see the HR chart from today except the activity.

I suggest to consider renaming Garmin Smartwatch to Garmin Crapwatch.

It's my 2nd Garmin watch and definitely the last one. This week a friend of mine was asking for the advice on what to buy for running. I showed him a few last trainings and described the issue, he has chosen another brand. I'm going to switch as well, as soon as possible.