Heart rate monitor inaccurate for around first 5 -10 mins of run since last software updates

I've had a FR255 for the past few months, its been working great and although I don't have a chest HRM to validate the OHRM on the watch it has seemed about right...until a few weeks ago and one of the recent software updates, around the version 18.25 update I think.

The issue is that the HR appears to be too low (around 120 bpm) for around the first 2-10 mins of a run and then spuriously jumps to my usual HR for running pace (around 145-150 bpm). The sudden 'lock on' to the correct HR can be seen clearly in the HR charts. The first one shows running the same route before the issue started and the 2nd shows HR since the issue has started. The route run is exactly the same. Although I don't have a chest HRM to verify this it feels too low,....the first 400m of so of the run are up quite a steep hill and I'm blowing by the 2 min mark and a HR of ~ 120 seems way too low. I also don't think the issue is related to cadence lock as my usual cadence is around 170

I have tried the following steps to try and resolve the issue but none have worked:

• restarting the watch,
  • switching HRM off, restarting watch, switching HR back on
  • wearing watch on opposite wrist
  • cleaning OHR sensor 

I have logged with Garmin support who said they are aware that this is 'a case' but are unable to give any advice to resolve the issue or any timeframe when it might be corrected. 

Anyone one else having similar issues?