FR255s GPS very late or not at all

My FR255s sometimes doesn't pick-up a GPS signal (or very late, like 8 minutes+). Sometimes this also happens during a run which I start with proper GPS signal, after I pause the work-out and resume, the GPS signal is lost. Usually, when I reset the watch (holding the light-button for 15 seconds), the watch works properly for a couple of days.

I have updated to the latest software (does that automatically) and wear the watch 24/7.

Any clues to how to overcome this?

• Yes, same here. Red bar for minutes and minutes until soft-reset, then it works normally. Not the first report I read about it either.

forums.garmin.com/.../is-anybody-having-problems-with-gps-lately

• Some weeks ago I started to have the same problem. Never had it before, neighter with my previous FR245.

I thought my watch wasn't working properly because it was broken.

I tryed every thing:

• Restart the watch
    • Full factory reset the watch
    • Unistall all the Garmin IQ aplications
    • Reinstall the garmin app and change to the original version (I was beta tester of the actual aplication version on that time)

Finally I got the key: the origin of problem was with the configuration of the garmin app on my iphone.
    I had the iphone aplication configurated to only have access to phone gps when the app was in use. 
    After I changed this parameter of the configuration to allow garmin app to have access to the mobile location, the problem finished for me.

Now it takes only 5-10s to got the gps signal. Never more!

The root of ghe problem is that garmin app send a file with the satelites locations to the watch every time you connect your phone to the watch using the app. This file is used for the watch to locate the correct satellites and get the most acurate gps signal inmediatly

I thing that there is a bug with new garmin app or IOS because the only way to work is allowing the app permanent access to mobile location.

Hope it helps!