switch off nap tracking

When I bought my 255, it didn't record naps. But after a firmware update it thinks I'm taking a nap when watching a movie, sitting in a lecture hall, writing a paper, reading a book... and then it has the nerve to tell me I shouldn't be napping so much. 

This "feature" is annoying, erratic, unwanted, and it doesn't come with an off switch. 

Worse yet, deleting all those bogus naps only works occasionally for recent naps, and not at all for older wrongly recorded naps. I can't even delete yesterday's false positives! The Garmin app simply ignores my swipes on the naps! 

How can I get rid of this annoying bug-disguised-as-feature without setting my usual sleep times from 00:00 to 23:59 (which would mess up my watch's notifications)?

• I agree nap tracking should be able to be switched off by the user.

I am still using the firmware prior to this being introduced for this reason. I never take naps except when ill with something like COVID, and then the watch does a good job of tracking by my stress going through the roof and body battery staying low. I would find the the inevitable false naps very annoying like the opening poster.

Please introduce switch that gives users the choice of whether to use this feature, thanks.

• It seems like the nap tracking is tuned for the average user. For some people it is too sensitive, and gives false positives. For others, it is not sensible enough, and gives false negatives. It is probably not easy to autocalibrate this, so maybe a solution would be to let the end users adjust the sensitivity somehow, like we can with the rain sensors for car wipers.

• Many of us would like to see a toggle to disable automatic nap detection, since 99.9% of the times it registers are false positives if napping isn't a habit. I basically never take naps, and if I did, it would be planned and I could imagine doing something to trigger a manual nap activity that could also streamline a choice for selecting a wakeup method for that one nap.

But I'd also like the sensitivity control for regular sleep detection, because it also tends to think I'm asleep before I am.

• Nap tracking reached a new low. Found out this morning that it recorded two bogus naps yesterday evening. Tried to delete them, but Garmin wouldn't let me because it only lets you delete naps from the same calendar day. 

Do those idiots that coded this junk really expect us to fire up the app everyday just before midnight to delete fake naps before the "same calendar day" time bomb kicks in?