After 18.26 update Heart Rate reading is messed up !

I use chest strap with garmin edge 530 while on cycling. Today doing 120-130 bpm both were fairly with same readings. However when i start to go harder, say 160 170, watch only reads to 130. Such a useless piece of equipment now.

• piece of equipment

:) you know how to find a fairly soft expression

• I don't see a difference in mine between 17.xx, 18.23, and 18.26.  Yesterday I was out gardening for a couple hours. At one point after exertion I saw 140 bpm on my watchface. It also registered a max of 158 by the time I was through, but I didn't happen to look when it was showing values that high.

For a few weeks, I've been experimenting with a CIQ watchface that puts the heartrate min/max and current on the screen. What I see is that it is a somewhat long averaging period so the values are "smoothed" over a minute or so. An amusing result is that if I climb stairs and then remove the watch, the value on the screen will increase a bit before it disappears. I assume this is from the averaging window sliding along and discarding older (lower) values  and averaging the fewer remaining high values until it finally runs out of readings to average.

• What I found out, is that if I start an activity on the watch it reads fairly well. I'll have to compare with the older forerunner I have sitting at home. 

• Right, I just mean to say that mine seems to be working "normally" even outside activities. I don't think it will register rapid spikes due to the averaging, but it does seem to track sustained increases that last a few minutes.

I can't say mine is that different over the 14 months I've owned it. But, I am probably not looking at it as closely as some others here. I don't have any other monitor to compare to, other than the one in a blood pressure cuff that would be measuring resting rate.