18.22 Fault? Rebooting on Track Run Save.

I went for a benchmark 'Track Run' at my local track on an interval session today with my FR255 and HRM-Dual (Software: 2.5; Battery OK) after the recent 18.22 watch firmware update. The watch rebooted half way through without warning but resumed the activity. On completion, I am stuck on the 'Resume/Save/.../Discard' screen. When I try and save the session, I get the usual 'Perceived Effort/Feel' questions but then the watch immediately reboots and returns to the 'Resume/Save/.../Discard' screen. Also tried 'Resume' before attempting to save with same outcome.

I don't want to discard the session so waited until I returned home to plug in to the PC to save the GPX/FIT files before going any further. Plugging in to the laptop and selecting MTP transfer creates a reboot back to the 'Resume/Save/.../Discard' screen. Selecting not MTP sends the watch to the 'Resume/Save/.../Discard' screen. Using Garmin Express to connect creates a constant reboot loop. I cannot 'see' the watch files on the laptop. Also tried after disabling phone connection.

The watch is recognised by the laptop as 'Garmin USB GPS' in Windows 10 Device Manager. When disconnected from USB, the watch stays on charge screen with percent charging and 'pie' percent graphic. Needs long power button press to get off this screen.

Currently wearing the watch without a reboot loop by selecting 'Resume Later'. Can anyone offer advice to recover the activity before I try the only thing I haven't done to get the watch back to normal which is 'Discard'. I really want to retain this activity!

For a little more context, I have used Garmin watches for around 10 years. Currently running at least 5km every day and not had a major issue since the 18.22 update 6 days ago with the introduction of sleep duration. I have noticed that my effort/pace has increased for same HR levels very recently ?since update. First 'Track Run' since firmware update.

UPDATE
I used the left button (middle) long press to change the activity to 'Run' from Track Run'. The activity then saved without a reboot. Had to connect to Garmin Express to sync the activity from watch as it didn't do it via phone Bluetooth or WiFi.

Top Replies

All Replies