Apple Airpods Pro 2 cut out constantly in city environments

I've seen a lot of posts about problems with the Airpods Pro 2, but nothing in the way of real solutions. My original version Airpod Pros worked flawlessly with my Forerunner 255 Music, but since getting the new ones there are constant connectivity issues in city blocks specifically. Once I get to the park they work fine. I ran through downtown Chicago the other day and they were essentially useless. 

The cutouts start with a bit of static then cutout entirely. I've found that if I pause the music, then press play again the connection resumes, but only briefly. 

For context, both the watch and the Airpods are updated to the latest firmware. 16.19 for the Forerunner and 6B32 for the Airpods. Any help to be had on this? These are two very expensive products, it seems wild they can't work together as intended. 

• Ciao, can I ask what kind of service used for play music?

I’ve airpods pro 2 and running in Milan city without cuts.

Play from spotify playlist

• I use Spotify on the watch too. That's the only music service I've ever used on it.

I visited Milan for the first time earlier this year and went on a few runs there as well, love that city!

• I encountered the same problem.AirPods Pro2,Forerunner 255S Music
    I only train in the school playground. When I run to the place where people gather, the music will break, and it is the same when I run to a fixed position on each lap. Usually my solution is to pause and continue playing music to get it back to normal play. But it will appear again in seconds to tens of seconds. The most serious problem in training last night, even in the distance of 100 meters appeared four times. When I run, I can no longer empty my brain, but pay attention to when the music will break, which greatly affects the running experience.
    I have tried to set the audio to a single channel and turn off the mobile phone and WIFI connection, but the problem still exists. I am about to participate in the marathon next week. There are a large number of people in the race, and the interruption phenomenon should be more serious. I can only hope to solve this problem by buying another headset.

• Yep, that's exactly the problem I'm having. I wish someone from Garmin would chime in on this, but it I kind of looks like the Airpod Pro 2's just don't work well with Garmin, which sucks. Anyone from Garmin out there have advice on this? 

• Agreed, I just ran the Philly marathon yesterday and encountered issues each time the course looped back into the city. Pausing the music then unpausing would fix it for a few minutes then it would start again, super aggravating.

• Howdy  I have a garmin zumo xt (for motorcycles) and have same issue and symptoms w my airpod pro2s  Thought iitbwas airpods, and took back twice  3rd pair the same   I have found Garmin to be about the worst company for replying or helping 

• Hi ,

It looks like data transfer from the watch to the headphones suffers as soon as they are placed in a noisy environment. At the same time, the music buffer in the headphones is emptied and they begin to stutter. If the interference remains high, the buffer remains empty and the sound is not restored. I notice the same problems when I listen to a podcast at home and walk into the kitchen where the microwave or induction oven is running. It seems to me that Garmin handles such situations rather poorly, perhaps this lies in strict optimization of power consumption.

As a workaround, I would suggest bringing the watch as close to the headphones as possible by raising your hand to your head for a couple of seconds - usually this allows the data buffer to fill up again and the music continues. It may look silly to others, but it works. Slight smile

• Yeah, I gave up on Garmin helping on this long ago. I finally just bought a pair of wireless Jabra earbuds to specifically use with my Forerunner 255 Music if I want to run without my phone. The Jabras work with the Garmin without issue. Sucks because the Airpod Pro2's are much better. Seems like Garmin has just decided this is an issue with Apple and can't do anything about it. 

• Thanks for the tip, while that makes sense, I've found that it's an issue specifically related to the Apple Airpods Pro 2. The 1st gen Airpod Pros I had didn't have a problem and neither do the Jabra ear buds I bought to use specifically with the Garmin. Maybe I'll give this a go, but don't see it being useful if I'm in the middle of a run or a race, which is the only time I listen to music from the Garmin.