This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

FW 15.19 Wrist-Based Running Dynamics?

I noticed the 15.19 update enables wrist-based running dynamics, but after the update, I still don't see the running dynamics screens unless I'm wearing my HRM-RUN. How do I enable wrist-based running dynamics?

• you enable them by going to activity & apps / run / run settings / data screens / add new --> running dynamics

I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but I see the menu voice without wearing the hrm band (I'm in the office, I'll try it tomorrow)

• You don't need to add them in the data screens. After the update I just made a run and was all recorded in the run info on my garmin connect app on the phone, I don't have the widget in the data screen, those are useful to check how you're doing during the run activity.

• I have the screens enabled, but they only show up when I'm wearing the HRM-RUN. This update sounds like they're supposed to work w/o the strap

• thanks for the heads up. I'll try it later today. for me, they're kind of useless if you can only see them post-run. I hope they're not only visible in GC

• You can add the widget and look at them during the run, but it's not what I do, I don't even know how accurate they are, so I keep my focus on other metrics. Maybe a reboot can help your watch, give it a try.

• thanks, big d'oh! I should have thought about rebooting it! OK, so it turns out wrist based running dynamics are not the same as strap-based. There are 2 native running dynamics screens that get added automatically when wearing a HRM-RUN. They still don't appear w/o the strap w/ the update. Instead, they added metrics that you can add as a field. This screen fro m DC Rainmaker shows the new screen that suddenly appeared after I rebooted.

Personally, I find the GCT balance to be very useful, as I have had a pretty severe L/R imbalance in the past, and it helped me correct it.