This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Training Readiness on 255

According to DesFit on his 265 review on youtube garmin told him training readiness is not coming to the 255, only the 265 is getting it in the 2xx line, so the 9 month old 255 is already being left behind in terms of features. The 255 is the first garmin watch I buy, is this what I should expect from Garmin?

• Welcome to the Garmin ecosystem! This kind of thing is pretty normal (though I agree, it shouldn't be). 

• The 255 is not getting any worse just because another watch has more features. It was a known fact that the 255 did not have training readiness when you decided to buy it. Garmin needs to add new things to newer watches to make buyers want them. It will always be like that. Otherwise we would stick with the old watches.

• It was a known fact that the FR 2XX line did not have training readiness when I decided to buy the 255, now that fact is no longer true but they already got my money.

• Seems like there will be no feature parity between the 255/265 and 955/965. Very sad/annoying.

• Yes, the way Garmin makes an extra effort to NOT bring it to the 255 says everything. They're not even trying to keep existing 255 users happy - they're done with that watch which is underlined by the disappearance of Garmin reps in the 255 forum. Naturally they knew the 965 and 265 were coming when they launched the 955 and 255. Now we know where their attention was focused. 955 and 255 were just to keep revenue going while the long term products were brought about.

• Actually 965 new metrics will come to 955/Fenix 7+ lines (DC Rainmaker confirmed this) and I already can see the chronic load on my GC app. I think if anything this is more of a 'soft benefit' of owning the top tier model line (be it a 955, Fenix, Epix etc) in so far that you are unlikely to lose out on software related features during. the that watch's generational period. The Fenix 7 at launch won't be the same when the Fenix 8 comes - curiously enough though - much like the 'phase out' of the 745 given the current portfolio. Wondering what will happen with the Fenix/Epix. Will we get AMOLED Solar? Will there now be too much overlap? Will they time the release right so that the base model Fenix 7 doesn't feel like the oddest value proposition in the portfolio lol

• Running power is an example of software feature introduced after the watch release  or chronic load...(255/955) at the same way garmin could add some other easy feature like training readiness or load ratio ... and yes, every 255 owner could be disappointed with the new gen released 9 month later... they could have waited and released together an amoled version and MIP version, to give us a choice. New dedicated features, new display new design after only 9 months, frustrating. I would choose again the MIP over an amoled display, but other could not, enough with this marketing tricks.

• so you all really need a math formula to tell you when your body is supposedly ready to exercise? Sweat smile

• Of course it's not about that, ther's a ton of probably useless features even right now, but you can consider them as "plus features" but ... why not? if you don't like them just ignore them...someone else could find them interesting... you did pay for a watch that has been refreshed 9 months later... so at least give the user those little features that you could effortlessly add to the 255 series, it's just software to add, not like ECG on the venu 2 plus that need metal ring etc.... That's the point.

• You got what you paid for, the 255 with all features, some even added later. The new 265 is more expensive, for that you get more features. Here, the 265 costs the same as the 955! Also Training Readiness is not really useful... it just shows a bar and a number if you are "ready". Under the hood it looks at sleep, hrv status, acute load, recovery, sleep history and stress history. So just look at those if you need the numbers? I have it on my Epix, never look at it, also enjoy my 255 at bright Sunlight where my Epix fails epic....