This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can I trust you? Garmin 255

Hi Garmin Team.

The first thing, I love Garmin, I owned first Garmin Watch Forerunner 245 2 years ago. I loved it. I bought one more for my partner. I recommeded Garmin for my friends, my college.s I show them the cool features.

Then, when the next generation of Forerunner Series out. I bought one. But honestly I not happy with that. The heart rate really really untrustable. When I run really fast can't talk as normally. It show and tell me. "121. You still slow". Should I trust it and push my self run faster? The climax in this morning, when I climming 26 floors. My heart rate stick at 80 bmp? Really? 80. Is it normal?. And It not happend once or twice. It incorrect again and again.

Yes, I know how is hard to get the correct heart rate in wrist. But 245 Series do it very well. I can trust it. But 255 Series suck!

If the sport watch with heart rate become untrustable then what is it value? What's become the next point? How we trust others things?

So my question is? What did you do with 255 Serries or I just bought a single bad product? Could it fixed? How I still trust to you?

Regards.

• Podpisuje się pod tym postem. Jestem sfrustrowany tym, co prezentuje ten model.

• Right now about the only thing you can trust Garmin with is to deliver faulty updates that break more stuff than they fix, resulting in a continiously degrading product. Buyers beware!

• Care to write in English?

Chances are, then people will read and react to what you wrote. If your English is not good enough, try Google Translate or similar service, instead of nudging all readers here to do that.

Thanks!

• Buyers beware

I would not go that far. I do not experience SERIOUS bugs on my FR255, at least in what I do with the watch, even with FW 14.13.

In my opinion, it is still a really good sports watch.

deliver faulty updates that break more stuff than they fix

Unfortunately, I have to agree, that the release 14.13 is a mess.
    For me, it is all the small bugs, that make it worse then 13.21
    And yes, Garmin - what were you doing? I read the forums here and nearly all bugs were reported in Beta forums. You did not fix it, but just released.

So you do not only annoy the users with the multiple bugs in 14.13, but especially all of your Beta testers! Why should they ever report something, if you just ignore it and force them to report again with the next version?

You should really think about an open bugtracker and of course a much improved QA. And PLEASE, communicate with us!

• It's happend again in this morning AnguishedTired face. You can see that. The lowest HR is 51 while climming floors. Rolling eyes. This is really annoying.

connect.garmin.com/.../10459494190

• I also had a low HR issue (averaged 78bpm on a parkrun when it should have been around 155bpm) but it was a once off. Never had this issue on my 245.

Taking off my watch during the run and cleaning the sensor did not help. It was also a hot morning (+20'c). Apparently very cold weather can trigger lower inaccurate HR readings. 

• Hi,
    also have issues with heart rate, tried cleaning, changing position on wrist... restarting.
    It suddenly goes much too high > 150, taking the wach off and on sometimes helps, but sometimes it then gives values way too low.

took the watch off; then on :

did nothing:

Also: cadence is +/- 175, so it's not a cadence lock issue as explained in the Garmin troubleshooting.

• Apart from restarting the watch, there seems to be no way to correct it during the activity. Restarting the watch in a race is obviously not ideal. The incorrect HR readings do make other metrics (training status/load) meaningless for the rest of the week.

• Have you tried contacting support? Garmin Customer Support