This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Update to 14.13 failed - any way to retry?

My Forerunner 255 updated from 12.27 to 14.13, but at the end of the installation process, it showed that the update has failed. But it displays 14.13 version in the system properties and seems to be working correctly (but I haven't tried any activity yet). Is there anything to worry about? Is it possible to force the reinstall anyhow?

• Never had this myself, so not really a solution ready for this. But things I would do, if I were you:

1. Install Garmin Express to a PC or Mac and connect the FR255 to it via USB. Could be, that it can repair something or see missing files from „outside“

2. Do a „soft reset“. To do it, connect FR255 to Garmin Express (see above), then hold the „light“ button (the upper left) for around 15 seconds, until the watch shuts down. Wait a short time, then press it short, the watch boots. Let it connect to Garmin Express and synchronize.
    No worries, all settings and activities will be pulled from your Garmin Connect Account