This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Partial solution - DATA SCREENS CONFIGURATION via Android App

Hi, garmin users affected by the bug of bluetooth instability (ver. 13.21) and conseguent impossibility to configure data screens via app, I've casually discovered a partial solution, that allow you to enter and modify the settings of an activity.

From the watch run the activity you want to configure on your phone and keep it that way, open garmin connect click on the watch icon on top, then press "current activity" than you can enter the settings of the currently running activity on the watch. Repeat the process for every sport you need to set up. I know it's a little bit tricky but it's the only way i've found right now.

If your watch isn't connected with bluetooth to the phone immediately after launching an activity just wait a minute untill the bluetooth works again.

Hope this will work also for you.

• Hi Ben - just tested on version 14.13 on "Run" and "Bike Indoor" profiles and just hung for several minutes then lost the bluetooth connection ( without the dialog box on cycling but with the dialog box on the run profile)

• I have not updated to 14.13, but have you tried also to close/force close the garmin connect app couple times and wait a minute ?

• Yeah - force stopped it and cleared the cache.  Now won't reconnect at all, which is a long standing issue as well

• Sorry ti hear that, I also have the bluetooth disconnection bug but after few attempt to close the app/ turn on off the bluetooth etc usually restart working again with some patience. Frustrating that the bug has not been fixed yet.

• Thank you, Ben!
    It worked for me.
    It demanded a lot of patience between connection and disconnection until the settings could be opened.
    From App when I had the option "current activity" I had to wait for a disconnection, then in the watch press Lap bottom to return to home screen  and wait until app reconnect and "current activity" would be still available even in the watch not being in an activity anymore (crazy, uh?). When the white round moving circle stops, it will be able to touch "current activity" and then after a considerable waiting it opens for settings.
    I could edit all my activities. 

• I'm glad it worked for you! As you said, it required patience... in my case I didn't have to wait that much, fortune i guess, but at least we have an "option" to make it work.

• Garmin/Kevin should hire you, since they don't get any solution so far. hahahaha