This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Low HR readings during running activity?

Hi

I just finished marathon last week and noticed strange drop of my HR readings during workout.

I usually maintain 160~180 bpm while running, but after running for 2 hours, HR went below 140 and stayed there for about 15 minutes.

After watch recovered from strange HR readings, it happened again even though I didn't walked.

It also happend yesterday at the beginning of a 10K race. HR reading stayed between 160~170 bpm for the initial 15 minutes

and then suddenly went all the way up to 190 bpm which I felt like a correct one.

Anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it?

Some says an auto pause option could cause this but I'm not sure.

• do you think you could investigate on that? This issue ruins a lot of things (effort, calories, power, etc). Thanks for your help Pray

• All-

Thank you for your participation in this forum thread.  So that I may assist you further, please reply with the following:

1. May we, if necessary, have permission to email you?
    2. May we, if necessary, have permission to view/access your Garmin Connect account?
    3. In what country do you live?
  • 1. Yes

2. Yes

3. South Korea

• 1 - yes

2-yes

3-Brazil

• I'm seeing the opposite problem now along with all the other problems (TE / Load and HRV etc calculations for about the past 3 firmware releases have been hot garbage)

The below workout is pretty much the same deal over a  year's period. Prior to the 255s Music I was using and F6X Pro. The small variation seen are due to the exact number of sets and this run is some times done in bonkers high winds as I live on the coast. The discrepancy in elevation is usually as to whether I record the jog  out and home as the warm up and cooldowns or not within the workout as I live at the top of a hill.

The sets are all done in around the same spot.

Today was super still wind wise. I am seeing similar across a range of activities but when running as specific training programme my end of week strides that come up every week or fortnight - ish are very, very similar. Most of the metrics on this watch are hot garbage for some months now.

(Apparently now we can't upload images to the forum so here's a link)

https://imgur.com/a/IHjIGUB

I'm looking forward to a race in a couple of weeks so I can switch watches for good.

• Alright, after giving all the need information to the support team (which was a lot of work to be honest), and after many back and forths, I'm super happy to announce that they finally found my issue:

Because the FAQ mentions limitations when not not warming up, I encourage you to consider that as a solution to any instances of seeing a low heart rate at the beginning of your activity and for cadence lock disruptions. For our troubleshooting purposes, in case of continued concerns with heart rate readings at the beginning of an activity, please be sure to record and save your warm-up as a Cardio/HIIT/Strength type of activity on your watch.

Yup, you just have to warm up before running folks.
    :/

• Save the warmup as Cardio-activity, which always records way too high heart rate for such activities, so maybe Garmin can fix that too. :-)