This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Problem with buttons, I've contacted Garmin support

I got my Forrunner 255 music a couple months ago. Since the beginning I've noticed every button has its own feedback. Mushy or clicky, a distinct sound of a spring etc. but now the middle left button also sticks. That is, the button has no tactile feedback, but it does work. Now I've noticed the left lower button does the same sometimes. This is an intermittent problem. Sometimes there might be a a few days where the buttons don't stick and then they suddenly stick again.

I've contacted Garmin but they say that this is totally normal. But I do believe this is a quality issue, something is wrong with my watch. I had been hoping for better customer service on a basically new watch.

• its normal that the buttons are total crap. i checked 8(!) watches and bought the least terrible one. garmin has a huge quality problem.not acceptable for a 350-400€ watch. you should look up here in the forum 255 and 955. there are multiple threads about issues with the buttons. in one of them the garmin moderator said that you should contact the support. maybe you should try again and quote their own moderator...
    I hope next time the other brands on the market will have better alternatives...

• Thanks for your reply. I've seen other threads here and on reddit about the button problem. I wish I was able to return the watch. I feel as if the buttons might stop working at some point rendering the watch useless. I need to contact Garmin again. It's not acceptable for a watch costing this much.