This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

In Swim-Run multiactivity mode the watch is lapping every 30 seconds and switching from swim to run activity how to stop this?

The last two weekends I have done a triathlon using the 255 and had no issues, however yesterday I set up SwinRun - open water swim and outdoor run and seem to have a software glitch.

The first Swim was OK for time and distance but as soon as I went into the run activity (using lap button) the watch kept lapping every 30 seconds and switching back and forth between activities, so for an hours activity. So I have 125 individual activities uploaded to Garmin Connect and Training Peaks. There is one Multisport summary of the race with a total time, but in the 30 second laps/splits I have no useable pace/distance data as tracking swim while running and run while swimming.

I tried this again when home and the same thing keeps happening - every 30 seconds a new activity, as soon as I start run mode then alternative swim/run laps every 30 seconds.

My software is up to date, I have removed all alerts, autopause and laps but still happens.

I have set up swim/run with repeat. with two activities - open water swim and run.

I have no idea where the 30-second lap/activity change is coming from.

I have powered off and on, removed Swim/run activity and added it a few times again but the identical 30 laps issue each time.

Been for a run today and watch is OK, seems the issue is just happening when in Swim/Run multisport mode.

Any ideas how to stop this 30-second lapping or where it could have come from?

• This is the full event and how it show in Garmin Connect

<iframe src='connect.garmin.com/.../9624000219' title='Wiltshire Multisport' width='465' height='2560' frameborder='0'></iframe>

• Hi,

I did a SwimRun last weekend with FR 255. I encountered the exact same issues as you - lapping every 30 secs.

I tried now everything, but still could not solve this issue.

However, I did the following workaround which indeed works.

create a new activity type by copying of an existing act. type.

copy the original triathlon profile and rename it.

then remove the bike segment.

then i reordered so that it starts with running.

switch repeats to on.

then you have arbitrary segments of running and swimming.

that was the only configuration where it does not auto-lap every 30 secs.

• Have you tried the new 15.19 SW?

• Just did the update - same behavior.

if someone from Garmin is reading this, PLS UPDATE THE SWIMRUN ACTIVITY. It IS NOT WORKING.

• I had the same issue, copied the swim run and "solved" the issue. 

Best, 

• Hi! I have just discovered I have the same issue :( I am very disappointed as when I bought the watch to replace the 735XT I did say I was doing swimrun. I tried to copy either Swimrun or Duathlon but it's not working neither, it's even removing the transition (and no option to put it back)...Finally succeeding with copying triathlon but when I activated the option to repeat it removed the transition option. I guess that's ok! At least hopefully next time I won't have 100 switch! I hope this will be repaired an upgrade software version!

• I have the same problem