This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Battery drainage within 24 hours after last update

Does anyone have the same problem as me? After an update 3 weeks ago, my battery now only lasts 24hours. I did a soft and hard reset, uninstalled all apps and watch faces (not that I use them), and no activities recorded...and  it wont last 24 hours. I am confused why it is doing this. My battery would normally hold up to 5 days with extreme activities recorded every day. 

Does someone here have a solution to this problem that I am missing?

• Same here. went through all the trouble and still a lost battery. Garmin needs to sort out this issue

• Hi everyone,

After testing for 2 days I got exactly the same results in 10.40 with the inconvenience that it tries to autoupdate every often.

It drained about 20% in a day the first day, I supposed it was because of setting everything, and the transmission of the update from the phone to the watch and about a 10% in a 1h15m of running.

Yesterday morning was at 45%, this morning 22% without doing any activity, just resting and having SO2 switched off while sleeping.

So I've gone to 11.60 again.

I suspect it's because of external sensors, it seems it's continuously searching them. I think that everything began when I attached the HR chest strap, at the begining of winter.

I also use a Garmin Pod, I'm going to try disconnecting both devices manually.

• I have exactly the same drainage as you but wasnt using external sensors. So I wonder if that is the cause.

I think it is something in the software, I would appreciate if Garmin would admit it. Their support is kind of useless since warranty, in most cases, already expired.

These kind of issues, and lack of support, is driving customers away to competitors

• Autoreply:

12h after upgrading to 11.60, charging to 100%, deactivating search for pod and hr.

12h later = 13% less battery with no activity recorded, not even moving a lot as I'm ill, great! .... Eh, no.

• Resume after several days:

It drains ~1%/hour without recording any activity, just like as a smartwatch.

Can someone give a solution?

• There is no solution, explanation or support to solve issue. At the end I contacted support and they offered me to replace the watch, but I had to pay a discounted price for it as my warranty was expired. I will now probably get a new/refurbished one but with a year warranty. This was for me the best option as I didn't want to spend >300eur on a new watch from Garmin while the quality might be doubtful.

• After reseting it, soft, hard, factory, downgrading, testing without external sensors... everything stills the same.

About 1% per hour in a fresh and clean install, so about 4 days without recording any activity.

Maybe a GPS driver/firmware problem? I think it's the last part they updated and it doesn't change with a system update.

Mine stills on warranty, in fact now I realised it has 3 years of warranty, so I still have 2 pending, so when things go worse I'll claim a substitution, meanwhile I'll wait for a solution.

You should look for a brand new FR245, in Amazon costs about 160€... a 255 stills too expensive for my taste.

• what is happening!!!!???

This is ridiculous, the drainage of battery is enormous...

GARMIN WHAT ARE YOU DOING???? FIX THIS ASAP

• I've sent mine for repairing under warranty, the assistant told me they had a global incidence about it.

Last days drainage become dramatic: about 45% (~2%/hour) in a day without recording any activity.

One clue I've realised comparing with other clean FR245 with normal battery drain: USB speed transfer is about 1MB/s while mine was about 100KB/s and transfer was made like in "packets", not in a constant stream as it should be.

It seemed like a USB bug or a memory related bug... it's the only evident difference I've realised between two devices.

Anyway, it started suddenly and without doing anything outside official firmwares, softwares or recommended proceedings by garmin, so the must fix this issue in some way.

• What a mess...I hope they will come with proper service else it will damage their brand enormously

I was just outside warranty and had to pay for a replacement. But if they come with a fix for this global issue then I will ask for a refund for this replacement watch.