This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Battery drainage within 24 hours after last update

Does anyone have the same problem as me? After an update 3 weeks ago, my battery now only lasts 24hours. I did a soft and hard reset, uninstalled all apps and watch faces (not that I use them), and no activities recorded...and  it wont last 24 hours. I am confused why it is doing this. My battery would normally hold up to 5 days with extreme activities recorded every day. 

Does someone here have a solution to this problem that I am missing?

• Yes, same here. No solution available and just outside warranty period. It is crap.

Maybe they want us to buy the 255. Which is a no go for me as the 245 is turning out to be unreliable

• Have you paired some external devices  like HR belt, cadence sensor etc?
    I also had similar issue, my batter drained very fast, but when I have disabled my HR belt now it looks good.

• Similar problem here.

Before last update it used to drain about 7-8%/day with no gps use, now it's draining about 20-25%/day.

It's just a 1 year old device, so battery stills quite new and it should't fail as it does

I haven't changed anything on my mobile part, i haven't connected any new accessory, just as usual: a regular 245 (no M) used for running and gym track with pod meter and cheast hr with deactivated vo2 while sleeping to save battery.

It used to lasts about a week with 2-3 1h running sessions and 2-3 1h fitness session, now i'm lucky if it lasts 4 days.

I've just entered here to check before making a hard reset, i though it was just my problem, now i see i'm not the only one.

• no HR Belt. Only have the watch

• Its tough having to go through this damn drainage every day. 

• Has anyone tryed to downwards the firmware to a previous version?

It seems to be a temporal solution for 245m:

forums.garmin.com/.../1504560

• where do we download it because I have searched all platforms and Garmin Online

• https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=14937#Instruct

Seems like we need to go back to update 10.4. 

Installation Instructions

1. Connect your Forerunner 245 Music to your computer using the USB cable.
    2. Download and unzip Forerunner245M_1103Beta.zip. Place the GUPDATE.GCD file in the \Garmin folder of your device's internal storage drive.
    3. Disconnect your device from the computer, approve the update on the watch, and wait for the update to finish.
    4. If you would like to revert to the last public release software, place the GUPDATE-1040.GCD file in the \Garmin folder and rename GUPDATE-1040.GCD to GUPDATE.GCD. Disconnect the device to install. NOTE: If you revert to an older version of software, all of your settings will be reset to defaults.
  • Yes, that's it.

I've already done, it's reverted to 10.40, it's possible and it's tested.

But it deletes configurations and settings (not the history of activities) so I'm already factory formating right now.

Let's see if with a clean systems works ok.

• I tested this. But didn't work out for me. On version 10.4 still huge battery drain.